My client, an organisation at the forefront of alternative renewable energy innovation, is looking for a Controls and Simulation Engineer. They are a UK based developer of disruptive, low-cost, wind energy technology. The company is based in Glasgow with test facilities in the south-west of Scotland.
Control and Simulation Engineer
6 months fixed term contract, with potential for extension or conversion to permanent.
Glasgow with occasional travel to the test site in south-west Scotland, as well as other travel the business requires.
My client are seeking a Control and Simulation Engineer to join the Simulation team. The successful applicant would work closely with the aerodynamics, electrical and systems engineers to develop the simulation environment, control features and algorithms needed for robust autonomous flight. The role would suit someone with experience in engineering, computer science, or robotics and is looking for a rare opportunity to work on a distinctive R&D project with excellent long-term potential.
Role and Responsibilities
- Development of KPS' simulation models
- Development and testing of autopilot control law algorithms
- Producing documentation and engineering reports
- Working closely with a multi-disciplinary team
- Degree in engineering, computer science or robotics (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in digital modelling and simulation in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience in control law development and data analysis
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to quickly integrate into a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with development on embedded systems e.g. drones or Internet of Things
- Experience with Linux and version control tools
- Experience working in an aerospace environment
- Experience working with DO-178B, or similar processes
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment
- Experience with C++
- Full driving licence
If this position is of interest, or you know someone who may be applicable, then please send an email to email@example.com or call +44 207 268 9254.
For more information about this role please contact our London office