The purpose of the Cost Estimator is to ensure professional and consistent estimation performance in our studies and projects.
- Perform early phases cost estimates for CAPEX investment projects
- Perform estimate reviews of Engineering Contractors estimates together with the project teams
- Evaluate quantities on a higher level for sanity checks of scope inclusions
- Participation in the Cost Estimation Network
- Review COR (Change Order Requests) estimates from contractors
- Perform counter estimates on both bottom line estimates and COR estimates.
- Perform Estimates to Complete (ETC) as required on execution projects
- Evaluate cost drivers in projects, in study phases and actuals in completed projects. Collect data and maintain database.
- Risk management knowledge and conveying of remaining risks into contingencies via probability calculations
- Calculation of technical contingency requirements using Monte Carlo methods, hereby determining estimate accuracies.
- Adapt the process to the project needs taking into account the project complexity.
- Generate effective and efficient tools to be applied at different stages of the project when necessary.
- Ability to act as reviewer independent from the project teams
- Issue estimate review reports including benchmarking cost drivers and conclusions as an input for PDRI and/or IPA reviews
- Assistance with the preparation for, and participating in, the PDRI and IPA review meetings
For more information about this role please contact our London office