Cost Sales Engineer
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : SO_91387DESR
Location: USA, Hawaii, Hawaiian Beaches
Sector: Design & Engineering, Structural Engineering, Built Environment
Date posted: 01/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
The Sales Engineer reports to the Director of Development Engineering and is responsible for supporting and managing the technical project qualification and proposal requirements, and performing technical diligence, for new commercial and utility scale solar projects during the development and Sales proposal stages. The Sales Engineer will identify the most appropriate technical solution, work with other members of the team with regards to regionally driven incentives, and optimize overall lifecycle project cost. Travel is expected and required as needed by project location and scope. The Sales Engineer is also responsible for supporting the contracting and booking phases of awarded projects, and transferring knowledge and information to other teams for implementation.
The Sales Engineer functions as the primary technical expert and resource for projects under development for proposal to customers. This includes the vetting of project specifications and requirements, providing technical support to the Sales department and other teams, and developing design documents, drawings, and cost estimates. In addition to functions for specific project development, the Sales Engineer will also provide modeling and analyses in general support of improving REC Solar's capabilities in optimization, quality, and expertise.
Duties and responsibilities
* Perform conceptual engineering design of commercial systems;
* Estimate project costs, and develop project budgets;
* Perform technical due diligence for RFPs or similar as required;
* Advise the Sales team in understanding the engineering impacts of site specific or customer specific requirements and technical proposals;
* Provide technical information to support sales proposals including system layouts, single line diagrams, energy production modeling, and cost details;
* Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with minimal review and oversight;
* Delegate and review project tasks to other team members;
* Develop engineering and estimating tools to continuously optimize cost and quality;
* Manage relationships and sales pipeline with both internal and external partners;
* Stay current on codes, standards, new solar technologies, jurisdictional/utility requirements, and installation best practices;
* Mentor other team members to develop their individual skills;
* Attend site visits, team meetings with internal & external partners, and customer calls & meetings;
* Provide hand-off of developed project to project execution teams;
* Demonstrate ethics and professionalism at all times.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.