Senior Credit Controller / Americas Credit Control Manager
This position will report to the Group Credit Manager.
Candidate must be highly confident and have a lively character with enthusiastic personality.
Possess excellent communications and inter-personal skills, at all levels
Working on own initiative & as part of a wider finance team
Maintaining high quality, and demonstrating organisational and time management skills.
- To Manage all of the USA client account’s appearing on the individual Sales ledger, and recover cash for Invoices due within agreed payment terms.
- To facilitate a high level of cash-flow and minimize levels of overdue debt and risk
Job Dimensions: The collection of Client cash and resolution of account queries to specified timescales. Mitigation of credit risk within a credit insured framework.
- Ensuring that appropriate client contact is made via telephone, email and letter at the earliest possible stage, to chase overdue debts, in accordance to credit control timescales and policy, making sure that ALL clients are serviced within any given time period.
- Ensuring all client comments/responses are updated onto Credit System in a timely manner recording current actions.
- Building relationships with Internal and external clients (Sales/Compliance/Support Staff, Customers, etc)
- Ensuring that personal and group collection targets are met or exceeded, on a monthly basis including Half Year & Year end targets set for your specific section of accounts.
- Dealing with queries from your own responsible portfolio of clients, liaising with consultants/managers/directors and clients in a specified timescale to resolve queries as and when they arise.
- Monthly debtor reporting to Americas MD and Senior Management team.
- Escalating all Client accounts to the Group Credit Manager for referral of legal action.
- Undertaking Debt Review meetings with Group Credit Manager and Management team to discuss client matters and issues which prevent settlements, and also track cash collection targets.
- Raising the appropriate forms for Refunds/Write Off’s/Adjustments prior to Month end, attaching supporting documentation.
- Issuing reminder letters and statements on a monthly basis and when requested by clients.
- Supporting the Group Credit Manager and US Financial controller with Audit requirements, providing essential documentation as requested.
- Other Adhoc duties, as requested by Group Credit Manager.
About the Person
- Extensive credit control experience is essential, preferable at supervisor / manager level.
- A Professional, hardworking self-starter, who understands the commercial and financial aspect of Spencer Ogden and the Industry itself.
- Someone who can support their Team members and the Business as a whole.
- A Team Player who can also work on their own initiative.
- Good excel skills would be advantageous.
You will work as a member of the local Financial Accounting team and as such will have interaction with Sales/Compliance/Back Office Departments throughout the Group.
Most challenging part of the job
- Working to targets and tight deadlines.
- Building relationships with internal and external customers.