Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : US-292
Date posted: 07/02/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
The Credit Manager will be the most senior credit risk representative in the region. They will be the primary contact for sales consultants on all matters regarding credit with clients. They will understand the Group’s processes for managing credit risk, and will ensure that the Americas region is compliant with those processes and procedures.
Candidate must be highly credible, able to explain the Group’s credit risk position to consultants, initiate discussions with clients on all aspects of credit risk management, and build relationships with the Group’s credit insurers.
Together with the Group Credit Manager, the postholder is responsible for setting credit limits for all clients within the region.
The postholder is responsible for ensuring that all debt in the region remains within agreed credit limits, with escalation of deviant accounts.
The post will involve working on own initiative and as a key member of the Group’s global credit team.
Maintaining high quality, and demonstrating organisational and time management skills.
• Understand the Group’s processes and procedures for managing credit risk, and the implementation of these policies within the Americas region.
• Ensuring that consultants understand the Group’s credit risk management processes, and intervening and assisting consultants in arranging client terms that enable business to proceed within the Group’s credit management framework
• Proactively initiating appropriate client contact is at the earliest possible stage to ensure initial business terms are within the Group’s credit management framework. Subsequently to chase overdue debts, in accordance to credit control timescales and policy, making sure that ALL clients are serviced within any given time period.
• In discussion with Group credit manager set credit limits for all new clients. Continuously review credit limits of existing clients, ensuring all credit limits remain within insurance limits.
• Take proactive action to maintain all client debt within agreed credit limits - escalating issues to the appropriate level of management
• Ensuring all client comments/responses are updated in Group Credit System in a timely manner recording current actions.
• building relationships with the Group’s credit insurance representatives within region to ensure that all debts are within insurance cover
• Building relationships with Internal and external clients (Sales/Compliance/Support Staff, Customers, etc)
• Ensuring that personal and group collection targets are met or exceeded, on a monthly basis including Half Year & Year end targets set for your specific section of accounts.
• Dealing with queries from your own responsible portfolio of clients, liaising with consultants/managers/directors and clients in a specified timescale to resolve queries as and when they arise.
• Ensuring that monies received are correctly allocated onto the Sales Ledger, obtaining payment remittances in all instances.
• Escalating all Client accounts to the Credit Manager for referral of legal action via third party collectors/Agents.
• Providing cash updates to Managers as and when requested.
• Undertaking Debt Review meetings with the Credit Manager and Sales MD’s to discuss client matters and issues which prevent settlements, and also track cash collection targets.
• Providing copy Credit Notes and Invoices to clients as and when required.
• Completion of the Finance Error Log spreadsheet, reporting on current Invoicing issues for resolution.
• Raising the appropriate forms for Refunds/Write Off’s/Adjustments prior to Month end, attaching supporting documentation.
• Issuing reminder letters and statements on a monthly basis and when requested by clients.
• Processing credit applications and updating credit checks as and when required.
• Completion of Client Vendor Forms for Approval, as and when required
• Assisting the Credit Manager with Audit requirements, providing essential documentation as requested.
• Other Adhoc duties, as requested by Credit Manager/CFO.
About the Person
• Expert understanding of the components that influence and determine the establishment of an agreed credit limit for a client - financial strength, level of debt, history, ownership, industry sector, etc
• Able to hold assertive but non-aggressive conversations with consultants, clients and directors on credit related subjects
• Previous credit control experience within the recruitment industry is not essential but preferred.
• A Professional, hardworking self-starter, who understands the commercial and financial aspect of Spencer Ogden and the Industry itself.
• Someone who can support their Team members and the Business as a whole.
• A Team Player who can also work on their own initiative.
You will work as a member of the Financial Accounting team and as such will have interaction with Sales/Compliance/Back Office Departments throughout the Group.