Customer Operations Section Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH122117
Location: USA, New York, Manhattan
Sector: Corporate, Management, Utilities
Salary: US$160000 - US$161000 per annum
Date posted: 13/03/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Strategic Applications is seeking to hire a Section Manager of Data Analytics who will plan and direct Customer Operations data analytics activities to improve operational excellence, fraud detection and customer experience through the analysis of external and internal data. The successful incumbent will posses the following: *Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics, or business related field. Minimum 8 years relevant work experience to include a minimum of five years experience with data analytics. *Strong analytical skills with successful experience in obtaining, reviewing, and analyzing data to support business objectives. *Familiarity and experience working analytics tools and software. *Solid experience managing database analytics, complex data analysis, and data mining. *Excellent project management skills, and demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities, translating business needs into analytic projects and applying results. *Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, well organized, detail oriented, with proven ability to manage, lead and develop direct reports. *Strong verbal and written communication skills. *Ability to accept challenges and use creative/critical thinking to analyze data and recommend solutions. *High energy level, process orientation with proven ability to develop and implement innovative process improvement initiatives. zing data to support business objectives. Must be able to demonstrate qualifications in application.
Masters Preferred. Experiences in the utility industry and fraud prevention analytics preferred.
- Lead employees facilitating the design, development, implementation and maintenance of various data analytics and data visualizations/dashboard reporting for Customer Operations.
- Develop plan and strategy for design, development and execution of ad-hoc data analytics to improve fraud controls operational excellence and the customer experience.
- Guide direct reports, and Customer Operations teams and/or other business personnel on the interpretation, implications and use of analytic results.
- Prepare and deliver presentations that provide data analytics insights to senior management, especially in the areas where key insights or anomalies are identified.
- Regularly interact with Customer Operations leadership and key stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and business challenges using data and analytics.
- Act as the liaison with other data analytic business support teams across the company, and/or external consultants to plan and coordinate joint data analytics efforts.
- Develop training plans on the use of analytics dashboards and tools for Customer Operations business and quality assurance personnel, and increase use and knowledge of data analytical tools and techniques to drive business results
- Bring best practices to Customer Operations related to analytics standards, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining professional networks, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
* Must have a valid driver's license. * Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed. * Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.