The Customer Support Manager is responsible for managing the customer support team that supports all installations of the software product in commercial buildings. S/he works closely with Customers, Development Team, Sales Team and Management. The Customer Support Manager has a working knowledge customer relationship management software. S/he Manager manages Account Managers and assigns accounts to them. S/he is responsible for up selling clients on new features or expanding to other buildings. S/he assists in the strategic planning for the department. The Customer Support Manager must be an excellent communicator, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities, and be able to adapt to a dynamic and potentially geographically dispersed environment.
The ideal candidate has professional experience in real estate and technology, and is excited by complex, open-ended, and real-world building challenges.
- Actively answer and resolve open client product issues via telephone, email and in-person
- Provide remarkable customer experiences
- Empower our customers to become self-sufficient with everyday use of our product
- Problem solve and create solutions to meet customer requests
- Work with our Customer Success Team to improve internal processes
- Stay up to date with relevant technologies
- Analyze building automation systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency or to accomplish ECMs
- Provide technical training and support both internally and externally
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven excellence in a customer support
- Very strong analytical thinker
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Fast learner with a strong technical acumen
- Excels independently and in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a C-level audience
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of access and/or building automation systems
- Organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resources and utilization
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listening effectively and soliciting input from others
- Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required or equivalent work experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification preferred
- Other Professional certifications (LEED, CEA, etc.) a plus
- Six to Eight years related work experience.
- A minimum of three years related work experience required in the building automation/controls and/or installation of mechanical HVAC equipment
- Working experience with building automation vendors (Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Alerton, Automated Logic, ec.) highly preferred.
- IT knowledge also highly preferred.
- Experience supporting technology solutions in a SaaS environment
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.