Data Scientist/ Analytics Lead
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : SOJH-93744
Location: Hong Kong, Wan Chai
Sector: Technology, Insight & Data, Utilities
Salary: HK$720000 - HK$960000 per annum
Date posted: 18/10/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
The Information Analytics Service unit supports business functions in generating insights from structured and unstructured data for their business and strategic initiatives (e.g., Big Data & Smart Analytics and growth programs). A team of professionals in data & text mining and visual analytics provide services in three key areas:
* Analytics Consulting:
In collaboration with business teams identifying the relevant business questions and defining the appropriate analytics methods to answer them.
* Analytics Modelling & Prototyping:
Validating analytics scenarios by means of prototypes or pilot solutions.
* Analytics Solution Enabling:
Implementing, enhancing and maintaining analytics solutions to solve business issues.
* Build-up sustainable relationship with key business and IT stakeholders to become a trusted partner for the field of data analytics.
* Apply analytical methods and algorithms to build data products that streamline the process from data collection to insight generation.
* Foster new data-driven approaches to generate business insight in order to address unanswered business problems in a proactive way.
* Validate, interpret and present data findings to both an expert and non-expert audience.
* Assess analytics scenarios by means of functional prototypes or pilot solutions.
* Contribute in an agile team of data scientists to develop and deploy data-driven solutions for various Insurance and Reinsurance business problems (i.e., ad-hoc analysis request as well as business projects).
* Ensure further development of the firm's analytics capabilities in interplay with system engineers, solution architects and internal business experts.
* Manage analytic projects, including management of working teams in specific areas (e.g. P&C)
* Master Study or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: e.g., statistics, applied mathematics, physics, operations research, computer science, engineering.
* 8+ years of experience in the field of advanced analytics.
* Strong analytical & conceptual skills to understand key business needs and design tailored solutions to solve specific business problems.
* Ability to translate business problems into information & mining questions and communicate complex analysis results in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
* Expert knowledge in a combination of analytic, scripting and visualisation tools for the integrated analysis of transactional, text, speech and behavioural data.
* Proven track-record in implementing business solutions in the area of information retrieval, natural language processing, data analytics and information visualisation.
* In-depth experience with statistical computing languages such as R, Matlab, SAS, SPSS.
* Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python, Java.
* Proficiency in relational databases/SQL.
* Excellent experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Spark/Hadoop) is a plus.
* Consulting experience as well as insurance industry experience is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written English as well as Mandarin skills, additional languages is an advantage.
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Team player with a 'can do' attitude
* Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
* High degree of flexibility, independent and proactive working style
* Ability to work well under pressure and on multiple and conflicting priorities
* Strong commitment to quality and timely customer service
* Knowledge/experience in the Insurance or Reinsurance domains
* Project management and change management experience preferred
* Willingness to travel
For more information about this role please contact our Hong Kong office