Data Scientist/ Analytics Lead
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: SOJH-93744
Location: Hong Kong, Wan Chai
Sector: Technology, Insight & Data, Utilities
Salary: HK$720000 - HK$960000 per annum
Date Posted: 18/10/2016
The Information Analytics Service unit supports business functions in generating insights from structured and unstructured data for their business and strategic initiatives (e.g., Big Data & Smart Analytics and growth programs). A team of professionals in data & text mining and visual analytics provide services in three key areas:
* Analytics Consulting:
In collaboration with business teams identifying the relevant business questions and defining the appropriate analytics methods to answer them.
* Analytics Modelling & Prototyping:
Validating analytics scenarios by means of prototypes or pilot solutions.
* Analytics Solution Enabling:
Implementing, enhancing and maintaining analytics solutions to solve business issues.
* Build-up sustainable relationship with key business and IT stakeholders to become a trusted partner for the field of data analytics.
* Apply analytical methods and algorithms to build data products that streamline the process from data collection to insight generation.
* Foster new data-driven approaches to generate business insight in order to address unanswered business problems in a proactive way.
* Validate, interpret and present data findings to both an expert and non-expert audience.
* Assess analytics scenarios by means of functional prototypes or pilot solutions.
* Contribute in an agile team of data scientists to develop and deploy data-driven solutions for various Insurance and Reinsurance business problems (i.e., ad-hoc analysis request as well as business projects).
* Ensure further development of the firm's analytics capabilities in interplay with system engineers, solution architects and internal business experts.
* Manage analytic projects, including management of working teams in specific areas (e.g. P&C)
* Master Study or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: e.g., statistics, applied mathematics, physics, operations research, computer science, engineering.
* 8+ years of experience in the field of advanced analytics.
* Strong analytical & conceptual skills to understand key business needs and design tailored solutions to solve specific business problems.
* Ability to translate business problems into information & mining questions and communicate complex analysis results in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
* Expert knowledge in a combination of analytic, scripting and visualisation tools for the integrated analysis of transactional, text, speech and behavioural data.
* Proven track-record in implementing business solutions in the area of information retrieval, natural language processing, data analytics and information visualisation.
* In-depth experience with statistical computing languages such as R, Matlab, SAS, SPSS.
* Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python, Java.
* Proficiency in relational databases/SQL.
* Excellent experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Spark/Hadoop) is a plus.
* Consulting experience as well as insurance industry experience is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written English as well as Mandarin skills, additional languages is an advantage.
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Team player with a 'can do' attitude
* Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
* High degree of flexibility, independent and proactive working style
* Ability to work well under pressure and on multiple and conflicting priorities
* Strong commitment to quality and timely customer service
* Knowledge/experience in the Insurance or Reinsurance domains
* Project management and change management experience preferred
* Willingness to travel
For more information about this role please contact our Hong Kong office