Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH110928
Location: Canada, Alberta, Calgary
Sector: Technology, Internet of Thing (IoT) and M2M, R and D
Date posted: 01/08/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
As a Data Scientist you will report to the Chief Technology Officer with the objective of leveraging/applying innovative machine learning and data mining technologies for solving a diverse set of problems related to the oil and gas industry.
* Work independently and as a team member to deliver a successful product to market
* Background and experience in machine learning and information retrieval
* Dataset experience in document, graph, log data and semi-structured data
* Strength in Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition and Information Retrieval
* Knowledge of distributed computing solutions and ability to leverage them towards gaining faster insights from data
* Ability to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering previously hidden insight
* Live, breath and work in the Cloud
* Graduate degree in Engineering, Science or related field at an accredited college or university
* 2+ years work experience designing and developing data science solutions
* Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
* Data mining experience including data auditing, aggregation, validation and reconciliation
* Extensive experience working with Hadoop, Apache Spark, AWS EMR
* Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.