Deepwater Subsea Controls Facility Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH121927
Location: USA, Texas, Houston
Sector: Offshore, QHSE / Inspection, Oil and Gas
Date posted: 05/03/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
As a Deepwater Subsea Controls Facility Engineer, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and fast paced environment. In this position the Deepwater Subsea Controls Facility Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support for the subsea control systems for production facilities.
This position is located Houston, TX and works a 9/80 work schedule.
This position may require periodic travel offshore.
* Establish and promote safety and environmental performance expectations with employees and contractors in accordance with the Company's safety policies and Safe + Sound initiative.
* Manage assigned Subsea controls activities and budgets
* Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and fault finding on systems that are currently installed, identify potentially operating ineffectively
* Ensure reliable and cost effective operations while meeting or exceeding federal, state, corporate and industry standards
* Develop discipline specific strategies into functional scopes of work for new and existing assets in an effective and economical manner
* Ensure that software and electrical project delivery targets are met by following activity plan criteria, risk management plans, and management of change requirements
* Work in conjunction with all areas of the business to provide support and advice on all aspects of subsea controls system engineering, subsea equipment controls troubleshooting and installation for all of company assets, and engineering project groups.
* Provide specialist technical expertise for ensuring the safest and most cost effective discipline methods are used, while minimizing any loss of production revenue through innovative techniques, procedures and equipment
* B.S. or M.S. in Engineering required
* Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant subsea controls experience required
* Must have thorough knowledge of subsea controls engineering and working protocols
* Ability to formulate and develop advanced engineering concepts in carrying out assignments
* Strong communication skills within all levels of the organization, which include verbal, written and nonverbal communication
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office