The key responsibility of the Business Development function within Spencer Ogden is to create positive external awareness of the Spencer Ogden brand and service to the market.
Responsible for generating qualified sales leads and meetings with targeted clients that go on to generate revenue for the business. Generating qualified leads from new client relationships and by expanding the company’s footprint within existing accounts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Making effective outbound calls to key decision makers to identify opportunities for the business to follow up on (leading to client visits, jobs taken on, etc.)
- Arranging client visits to maintain client relations, identify new business and opportunities to cross sell
- Identifying and following through with opportunities for business, and contributing to the growth of team through commercial awareness
- Develop, manage, and grow a pipeline of new business primarily from targeted lead generation channels
- Management of all new client inquiries/potential leads
- Undertake desk based research to support the team in identifying new lead opportunities
- Develop and maintain personal knowledge of allocated sectors, market trends, and route to market
- Generate standard monthly reports and customized reports for clients
- Assist with development of brochures and other marketing literature
- Attend daily team round ups to ensure team growth and success
- Accountable for forecasting activity
- Strong communication skills
- Relationship management
- Attention to detail
- Determination to achieve objectives
- Collaboration skills
- Strategic thinking and ability to execute results
- Positive outlook and tenacity
About Spencer Ogden
- SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS The energy, engineering, and infrastructure industry is an ever-changing landscape, and we recruit the best international talent across all sectors, providing industry-leading services to our clients and candidates that they won’t find elsewhere, whatever stage of the project lifecycle. In short, we’ve put our big industry experience and forward thinking where the action is. With offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pac, Africa, Australia, Canada and the US, you’ll find us at the heart of industry growth, keeping pace with changing technologies and building strong, long-lasting relationships along the way. FILLING THE SKILLS GAP As any industry grows and evolves, the skills of its workforce have to follow suit. We specialize in knowing the right people for the job and our candidates have the unique experience and expertise that makes them an invaluable part of this evolution. Working across all energy sectors is a big advantage too. We identify the skills that are transferable, which means emerging sectors get the full benefit of candidates who have honed their talents in more established markets. And whether you’re thinking about contract positions, permanent roles or executive search, we lead the market when it comes to placing talent where it’s needed.