Spencer Ogden is looking for an Entry Level Recruiter to join our Houston office! As a Recruiter for Spencer Ogden you will be responsible for placing qualified candidates with Energy companies throughout the nation. This role will require someone to be highly tenacious, ambitious, and with a focus on delivering quality candidates in a timely manner.
As a Recruiter at Spencer Ogden, you would join a company with some of the very best staffing professionals in the entire industry, making it a wonderful learning environment. Recruiting at Spencer Ogden ensures that no day is exactly the same; and the fast-paced and friendly environment is an excellent place to grow your skill sets and increase your paychecks, if you put in the work. As a medium sized agency, our business is able to offer unparalleled progression opportunities.
Spencer Ogden is a privately owned, international recruitment agency with over 400 employees across 15 offices globally. We were founded in January 2010, by David Spencer-Percival, the entrepreneur who sold Huntress Search to Nomura Private Equity 7 years after starting the company; and Sir Peter Ogden, the former Morgan Stanley investment banker who has founded both Computacenter, Europe’s leading I.T. services company with $4 billion revenues and Dealogic, the financial services company.
Spencer Ogden services every facet of the energy industry, including technology, finance, engineering, consulting, etc. Our U.S. division’s headquarters are based in Houston which opened in August 2012. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and the United States of America, we’re a business that is well positioned as a global market leader in the field of 360 recruitment and mobilization services. In our short seven years of global presence, we have achieved what other recruitment firms take over a decade to attain in comparison.
- Recruit, interview, evaluate and place highly skilled technical professionals on a contract, contract to hire or permanent basis
- Intuitively source and identify active and passive technical professionals through various sourcing engines and social media sites
- Conduct thorough phone and face to face interviews to determine candidates qualifications and job requirements
- Build and maintain a quality pipeline through fostering long term relationships with candidates
- Provide consistent communication and career guidance to candidates
- Successfully review job descriptions and analyze client requirements in order to understand the needs of the hiring manager and technical skills required
- Constructs Boolean search strings to expedite focused candidate/client discovery
- Develop creative sourcing and recruiting resources to expand talent portfolio and attract qualified candidates
The company provides a variety of career development programs tailored specifically for graduates who want to progress quickly, including graduate academies, one-to-one coaching, leadership master classes and a global mentoring initiative.
These trainings include:
- Comprehensive, individualized, on-the-job training allows you to learn at your own pace
- Weekly meetings with an Account Manager mentor aid in progress towards personal goals
- Newly hired Recruiters will receive paid training from Spencer Ogden’s Award Winning Training Program
Organic growth is important to us at Spencer Ogden, and continued training and education is offered throughout your career through annual sales training and leadership development courses.
At Spencer Ogden, we recognize the hard work and diligence our team members put into everything that they do. Our employees are the most important part of our business and we understand the value in investing in the best people, infrastructure and training.
At Spencer Ogden, Entry Level Recruiters receive world-class training and support as well as a lucrative salary, uncapped commission structure and an excellent benefits package. There are also dozens of performance-based incentives including iPads, $100’s on the bell, and trips to Las Vegas, NYC and Ibiza.
Compensation: Competitive base salary + commission structure
Additional benefits include:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation time-off
- Paid sick time-off
- Global travel opportunities
An Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong communication skills
- A competitive & driven nature
- Attention to detail
- Outgoing & engaging personality
- Strategic thinking & ability to execute results
- Determination to achieve objectives
- Positive outlook & tenacity
- Ability to multi-task and produce results
- Ambitious and hungry to be successful
The most suitable applicants will have strong examples of where they have demonstrated the above skills in a real life setting. Recruitment Consultants are excellent goal-setters and high-achievers.