Under the direction of the Driller, this position is responsible for the mud system on the Rig.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Checks and maintains all equipment in the mud system. Responsible for housekeeping of mud system.
- Controls mud properties and mud volume in consultation with the Mud Engineer and Driller. This includes mixing mud and chemicals with the assistance of other rig crew.
- Provides proper maintenance and operation of the mud pump(s) on the rig.
- Maintains mud equipment parts inventory as well as mud materials.
- Handles drill pipe, drill collars while working derrick, laying down pipe and running casing.
- Greases crown, blocks, shale shaker, winchline, sandline and tong line sheaves and checks crown-o-matic, escape line, etc.
- Maintains all safety belts and ropes in derrick and checks derrick pins, safety pins, electrical cords and lights, ladder and derrick cages.
- On rigs equipped with Iron Derrickman, operates Iron Derrickman safely while tripping and making connections.
- Reports any unusual change in mud level or properties and if well starts to kick, readies proper equipment.
- Provides close supervision for Floorhand, giving instructions, training, and ensuring good work practices.
- Reports and corrects any unsafe work practices and safety hazards.
- Works in a manner that insures his personal safety and the safety of his fellow crewmembers.
- Informs his relief, at shift change, of both routine and unusual information regarding the job.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.