My client is looking to take on a Design Engineer. The role will require the candidate to be able to prepare designs which will be backed-up by engineering calculations, analysis and manufacturing drawings.
The ideal candidate will be capable of taking on projects in the initial phase and seeing them through to their completion. This will include;
- Concept development
- Acquisition of appropriate parts
- Supervision and coordination of the build and test of prototype equipment
- Compile the documentation required for the product
- Complete all project activities within a timely manner
- Working to the companies' budget.
- 5 or more years' experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor
- Ideally the candidate will have Completions related design experience.
- The Job will involve taking responsibility for design projects, from cradle to grave and providing tailored engineering solutions for projects.
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing engineering drawings and schematics using CAD packages.
- Preparation of design packages so that design reviews can be carried out.
- Carry out engineering calculations
- Source and select materials to allow for effective design optimisation.
- Modify existing products to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Make cost calculations caused by any changes to the designs and inform the Engineering Manager of these.
- Prepare test and operational procedures, and quality management documentation.
- Keep accounts of all technical documentation including: Reports, Calculations, Specifications, Parts list, Assembly, Test and Operational Procedures, Manufacturing Data, Risk and failure-mode analyses.
- Technical Liaison with colleagues, clients and suppliers
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office