My client is currently looking to take on a Senior Design Engineer to their Wolverhampton office. They specialise in the design and manufacturing of mechanical and hydraulic handling systems.
The ideal candidate will be capable of taking on projects in the initial phase and seeing them through to their completion. This will include;
- Concept development
- Acquisition of appropriate parts
- Supervision and coordination of the build and test of prototype equipment
- Compile the documentation required for the product
- Complete all project activities within a timely manner
- Working to the companies' budget.
- The Job will involve taking responsibility for design projects, from cradle to grave and providing tailored engineering solutions for projects.
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing engineering drawings and schematics using CAD packages.
- Preparation of design packages so that design reviews can be carried out.
- Carry out engineering calculations
- Source and select materials to allow for effective design optimisation.
- Modify existing products to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Make cost calculations caused by any changes to the designs and inform the Engineering Manager of these.
- Prepare test and operational procedures, and quality management documentation.
- Keep accounts of all technical documentation including: Reports, Calculations, Specifications, Parts list, Assembly, Test and Operational Procedures, Manufacturing Data, Risk and failure-mode analyses.
- Technical Liaison with colleagues, clients and suppliers
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office