Director, Engineering & Project Management
This position is responsible for providing technical oversight and project management for engineering activity, in coordination with business development efforts, for natural gas processing, gathering, and treating facilities.
- Oversees the design, construction, operations and maintenance of multiple pipeline and processing plant projects on land and offshore.
- Develops cost estimates and manages expenditures to stay within approved limits.
- Provides direction and oversight in the areas of project management, project controls, and land.
- Develops and assists with the management of the company capital budget.
- Ensures all projects are completed safely and in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the development of specification for replacement equipment and evaluates vendor proposals as required.
- Assists with conceptual and detailed design as needed.
- Identify maintenance and improvement projects.
- Manages internal staff and contractors.
- Liaises with operations and commercial groups; and other applicable internal departments.
- Provides project justification, economics and alternative analysis as required.
- Ensures project deliverables are met and communicated to relative stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Works in an Office / Field environment
- Approximately 25% anticipated travel
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required; Master's preferred.
- PE, professional engineering license preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive engineering experience; preferably midstream experience.
- Five years of Offshore experience is preferred.
- Must have experience managing staff and contractors in office and remotely.
- Must have a complete and thorough understanding of pipeline and plant economics.
- Strong project execution focus; extremely organized and effective at time management.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills to facilitate in the consultation, management and liaison roles required of this position.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office