Director of Communications
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH120881
Location: USA, Massachusetts, Boston
Sector: Corporate, Marketing & PR, Built Environment
Salary: US$150000.00 - US$151000 per annum
Date posted: 09/02/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
The Director of Communications, Industrial will lead the communications operations for the Industrial Water Regeneration Services, Industrial Cleaning Services and Environmental Solutions & Services side of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, in partnership with the Vice President, best-in-class communications strategy for the three lines of business in the Industrial side of the company.
- Work closely with Senior Leaders in the organization as well as members of the business development, sales, , marketing and market development teams to ensure coordination and integration of strategic communications.
- Manage crisis communications and partner with key business partners to develop communications strategies and messages for key issues that impact the company. Serve as the company spokesperson when necessary.
- Enhance credibility and brand awareness. Develop branding and messaging communications campaigns to shape broader public conversations around building a circular economy.
- Build effective relationships within the business and with key customers to improve the communication and identification of key priorities while managing expectations and delivering solutions that drive business growth.
- Lead operational communications in close partnership with General Managers and Project Managers from the three Industrial lines of business.
- Leads the development of tools to support Industrial Business, as well as the development of community relations' initiatives that help drive business growth.
- Manage several vendor relationships as well as budgetary responsibilities for the M&C communications business.
- Other communications related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations or a related discipline.
- 15+ years broad communications expertise in the Industrial sector, including extensive issues/crisis management, operational communications, and media relations experience ideally in an energy/environmental field. Spokesperson experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong writing, messaging, editing, verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills; working knowledge of digital and social media.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment, with tact, persuasion and tenacity, while maintaining a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Strong-influencing and organizational skills, with a bias for action. Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Build and maintain relationships with national, local, and trade reporters. Ability to pitch engaging stories as well as our subject matter experts externally to help strengthen our brand.
- Willingness to contribute and assist beyond day-to-day communications responsibilities, including late hours and some weekends as crisis situations arise.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and ability to not only set the strategy, but also roll up your sleeves and execute.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.