Job: Director of Communications
Company is an energy solutions provider to industrial fluid flow markets worldwide. Companies solutions recycle and convert wasted pressure energy into a usable asset and preserve pumps that are subject to hostile processing environments. With award-winning technology, Company simplifies complex industrial systems while improving productivity, profitability, and efficiency within the oil & gas, chemical processing, and water industries. Companies products save clients more than $1.8 billion (USD) annually. Headquartered in the Bay Area, Company has offices in Houston, Ireland, Shanghai, and Dubai.
Company is a fast-growing, innovative, technology leader in the midst of transformative growth and seeks an experienced communications professional to formulate and guide external messaging and strategy moving forward. The full time position of Director, Communications is based in San Leandro, CA. The position reports to the VP, Corporate Development and will work closely with the Marketing Communications Manager. The position will be responsible for all Strategic Communications and Public Relations strategy and execution.
At Company, we pride ourselves in being a hub of innovation. We have put together a team of world-class employees with a strong commitment to promoting an environment of empowerment, open communication, recognition and inclusion. The Director, Communications would have the opportunity to work in a collaborative, close-knit team and fast-paced environment. The position requires a dynamic individual who is passionate about brand leadership and innovation and who is ready to take a hands-on, integrated approach to strategic communications. The position will demand the ability to understand various markets and target specific audiences across our established Water business as well as in our emerging Oil & Gas and Fracing environments.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communications Strategy - Develop a comprehensive, multi-dimensional communications strategy to ensure effective and transparent communications to investors, employees, customers and other key stakeholders regarding Companies business. Key efforts to include the increase in overall brand awareness and reputation in Companies existing Water and Oil and Gas businesses to key audiences. Develop and execute against strategy for new product and market launches outside existing business.
- PR Execution - Collaborate with, drive and manage PR agency to develop PR campaigns, execute news announcements and proactive press briefings, tours and events. Develop, manage and maintain key media relationships for the organization. Work closely with management to identify press release opportunities. Identify opportunities for unique story angles, speaking engagements, interviews, round tables and networking for internal subject matter experts and executives. Coordinate and manage all outside PR consultants and vendors.
- Messaging - Form and implement cohesive storytelling around the Company brand in written and spoken formats, to include distinct concepts, vocabulary and voice unique to the company. Author a full range of documents (press releases, case studies, marketing materials, speeches, talking points, social media and website content) with minimal editing from leadership team. Edit and provide direction on writing work of other team members. Manage the writing and development of high-level documents such as messaging platforms and PR Plans. Prepare internal talking points and coach internal subject matter experts for external communications including media interviews, speaking engagements, etc.
- Planning - Set quarterly and annual PR objectives aligned with company goals in collaboration with the VP, Corporate Development.
- Investor Relations - Work with VP, Investor Relations, CFO and CEO on messaging and script writing around quarterly earnings calls and investor focused events. Develop strategic media plans in coordination with earnings, investor and analyst outreach to identify key influential press to further amplify key messages.
- Internal Communications - Coordinate internal messaging around board/stakeholder events and company-wide town hall meetings. Ensure messaging is aligned with company goals and brand as well as ensuring it is audience appropriate.
- Executive Platforms - Support development of and promote individual executive brand platforms for key executives and subject matter experts to support premier corporate presence.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 6-10 years' experience driving communications and public relations strategies in the B2B sector. Some in-house experience a must.
- Experience managing and building integrated communications strategies and campaigns for B2B brands. Preference for energy, engineering, industrial, or manufacturing company experience.
- Role is both strategic and tactical; ability to help shape the story and execute on getting it out.
- Availability for 20-30% travel, depending on key initiatives.
- Comfortable working across countries, cultures and time zones a must.
- Experience working with executive leadership teams and ability to build relationships with thought leaders and subject matter experts within the organization.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to drive projects through to completion.
- Strong media relationships with business and/or relevant trade publications needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- 4-year degree in communications, English, journalism or related field required.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office