Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH117695
Location: USA, Connecticut, Middletown
Sector: Technology, Digital Commerce, Power
Date posted: 14/12/2017
The Director of Field Operations is responsible for the successful, profitable and timely performance of all the steps inherent in client site technical qualification, client site audits, installation of Energy Analytics and Energy Management Systems projects, the on-going provision of warranty support services and the development, along with sales, of additional services which can be provided to the client.
This role will develop and continuously improve standard work processes and collaborate closely with the Sales and Analyst teams to ensure that projects are executed and delivered in a manner that exceeds customer expectations and produces exceptional business results.
This includes the effective use of Salesforce CRM, and other tools that may be designated, to achieve customer satisfaction, business efficiency and targeted profitability. Adherence to then-established KPI time limits for the work tasks will be essential and expected. In addition to high quality work, timely completion and quality installation consistent with these timelines will be key performance evaluation metrics. This also includes timely and efficient communication with appropriate stakeholders as set forth in our KPI process timelines which will be defined and updated as needed.
* Create and manage, purchase requisitions, material records, vendor accounts, quotes, costing and invoices.
* Participate in the review/testing of new or enhanced hardware, software and product offerings.
* Occasionally travel to locations throughout the US to perform energy audits, and site assessments.
* Oversee the development and expansion of the energy intelligence software installation, integration and customer field installation and support organization.
* Assess which core competencies need to remain in-house and which services can be outsourced to qualified and trained contractors
* Manage the entire process from initial site audit request to on-going client support post installation.
* Engage with the Sales, Analysts, Operations and Sub-Contractor team members for proactive scheduling of client site audits, installation and on-going client support.
* Review projects, with the goal to minimize errors, satisfy clients and preserve or exceed targeted margins, and quickly address and resolve any ongoing issues; all steps in the process for which you are responsible must be managed and documented in Salesforce.
* Develop, document and implement additional processes, as needed, to support better performance, minimize errors and ensure client satisfaction.
* Participate in post-inspection walk-throughs with utility personnel, if required, or with client, to address questions, quickly identify any deviations, and work with Sales team and Accounting, as needed, to shorten installation-to-revenue cycle times.
* Work with the team to establish an effective inventory system that facilitates disciplined, timely, and efficient management of materials flow from inventory to the appropriate project account.
* Define, deliver and manage the training process and execution during customer-on-boarding.
* Define and establish processes to respond to customer service and warranty calls on a timely and effective basis thereby increasing customer satisfaction and building on-going business relationships; eliminate the project mentality and establish a customer-for-life philosophy that endures with the client.
* Manage the development and on-going delivery, along with sales, of client communication as a mechanism for on-going feedback and evidence of value delivered. This also includes the effective development and on-going management of effective mechanisms for collecting and acting upon client feedback.
* Create written job descriptions for the operations team members, and standard operating procedures for our sub-contractors. Conduct semi-annual, one-on-one reviews with the appropriate audit and installation team members to ensure that they understand all relevant KPIs and timelines and performance and quality expectations, and how their performance consistent with these is critical to and success of EI.
Our goal is to increase our operational efficiency and financial performance, while delivering additional value to our customers. This will also help us accelerate our transformation into a scalable, cost-effective, customer-acquisition driven business, enabling us to sustain long-term relationships, increase customer satisfaction and increase sales and profitability.
You will be expected to play a significant role in the attainment of these objectives.
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Licensed Electrical Contractor (E1)
- Technical services, Electrical installation, Network communications
- Vendor and sub-contractor negotiation and management
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.