The Director of Policy will achieve improvements in utility interconnection policies and practices that impact timeline, accountability, transparency, and costs for distributed generation projects.
Spearhead improvements to utility interconnection policies and practices that impact the deployment and operation of our solar and storage assets. The Director will have the opportunity to help drive significant revenue and profitability growth through improvements to portfolio-wide interconnection outcomes.
In addition to helping to accelerate our business in established solar and storage markets, the Director will also be expected to work with stakeholders and regulators in new and emerging markets to promote interconnection policies and practices that align with the needs of the distributed energy industry and support our business objectives.
- Serving as an industry thought leader on interconnection policy
- Participating in grid modernization and interconnection regulatory proceedings
- Building industry coalitions and enlisting stakeholders to address interconnection issues
- Negotiating with utility counterparts on portfolio-level interconnection challenges
- Engaging with regulators and legislators to bring attention to and help solve interconnection challenges
- 8+ years of electric utility and/or electric regulatory experience
- Track record building strong relationships within the electric utility and regulatory space
- Fluency in grid integration and interconnection terminology and issues facing the distributed generation industry
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to influence regulatory policy change in the electric utility or distributed energy space
- Passion for distributed energy and the role it can play in transforming the way we produce and use energy
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.