Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH114934
Location: USA, New York, Manhattan
Sector: Corporate, Legal, Utilities
Salary: US$140000.00 per annum
Date posted: 12/10/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
1. In depth knowledge of current Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations.
2. Subject matter expertise in the EEO investigative complaint handling process and case management- skilled investigative techniques, credibility assessment
3. Hands on technical expertise with EEO investigative processes, determinations and findings - conducting EEO fact finding interviews, assessing credibility, analysis of documentary evidence and comparative analysis
4. Reliable and detail-oriented with excellent project management skills and ability to compile and analyze statistical and other data to evaluate affirmative action employment progress including employment trends and practices, and program evaluations to deliver recommendations and process improvements
5. Proven leadership and managerial ability to effectively lead a team to peak performance, set goals and clear expectations to achieve desired business outcomes
6. Ability to effectively and efficiently manage EEO case load and ensure attainment of Key Performance indicators, timely resolution with a focus on the overall customer experience
7. Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear and concise EEO investigative reports. Strong ability to clearly articulate findings
8. Experience partnering with external government and regulatory agencies
9. Experience handling EEO compliance, affirmative action planning and data analysis
10. Excellent presentation, facilitation, oral and written communication skills; Strong writing skills in presenting clear, logical investigatory reports.
11. Strong communicator who can simplify and execute strategy into specific actions
12. Strong hands-on experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
13. Strong analytical ability with a keen attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to employ critical thinking, problem solving and strong decision-making skills
14. Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under aggressive timelines
15. Strong organizational, administrative, decision making and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and a solid teamwork orientation
16. Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
17. Consulting and influencing skills that demonstrate credibility and garner trust
18. Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management/ union personnel and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
19. Demonstrated proven leadership skills, the ability to coach, motivate, develop and direct the activities of teams.
20. Broad experience in the development of education, cultural and/or social programs designed to improve the quality of the workplace experience
21. Demonstrated managerial courage and ability to work independently and exercise discretion and sound judgment while providing quality customer service
22. Keen understanding of human resources and talent management processes
23. Hands on technical expertise with EEO investigative processes, determinations and findings - conducting EEO fact finding interviews, assessing credibility, analysis of documentary evidence and comparative analysis
24. Reliable and detail-oriented with excellent project management skills and ability to compile and analyze statistical and other data to evaluate affirmative action employment progress including employment trends and practices, and program evaluations to deliver recommendations and process improvements
25. Experiential background and knowledge of diversity and inclusion in the corporate environment
26. Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with both management and union employees at all levels, representatives from government agencies, and other stakeholders in contact with the office
Bachelor's degree required with 10 years of related EEO and AAP compliance experience within a corporate environment. * Degree in Labor and Employment Law, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Management or a related field. * Law Degree from an accredited law school, with at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
1. Effectively manage team of EEO investigators to ensure that all allegations of harassment, discrimination and retaliation are addressed in a prompt, thorough and professional manner which include providing guidance on EEO matters and concerns relative to maintaining an inclusive work environment. In addition to identification of areas of concern and ability to implement timely and effective problem resolution
2. Coordinate processes within the Office to ensure effective and prompt case handling; thorough documentation; observation of all protocols and attainment of all compliance standards
3. Partner with internal stakeholders and external vendor to develop/ implement annual corporate affirmative action plan with expertise and analytical orientation in managing Affirmative action planning and reporting, and conducting adverse impact analysis
4. Act as liaison to ensure timely and effective oversight for responses to DOL/ OFCCP compliance audits
5. Review policies, procedures and processes that may serve as barriers to workplace inclusion
6. Provide recommendations to strengthen key equity and D&I deliverables across the workforce, workplace and marketplace to eliminate discrimination, harassment and retaliation
7. Partner with Director to implement recommendations and innovative process improvements that enhance the customer experience, operational excellence and peak team performance
8. Develop and deliver training and awareness initiatives designed to enhance employee knowledge, skill and understanding of EEO obligations
9. Evaluate the data and trend analysis across organizational diversity metrics to identify areas of opportunity that impact business results or achievement of diversity goals
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.