Dual Fuel SMART Meter Engineer - Previous gas work apply
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: MANPC115
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Salary: £28000 - £29000 per annum + BONUS SCHEME
Date Posted: 27/07/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
We are reciting on behalf of a Smart Meter Installations company working with a major utility provider in the UK. As the business continues to expand we are looking for both, already trained dual fuel engineers and gas engineers who will be provided the electrical training to become dual fuel engineers.
The main focus of the job will be installing and exchanging smart meters in domestic properties and will be on a minimum of a 23 month self employed contract .
We are currently recruiting in:
ALL North West
- Installing smart gas meters in line with company and industry standards.
- Installing smart electric meters in line with company and industry standards.
- Completing testing in line with industry standards and codes of practice, fully reinstating appliances after job completion.
- Collecting and depositing meters to/ from the designated storage facility.
- Achieving and exceeding work performance targets and adhering to health and safety procedures.
- Completing and maintaining documentation and online booking system as required.
- The work is domestic and appointments will be pre-booked Mon-Fri.
- On call & out of hours work is required according to a rota and at a higher rate of pay.
- This is an exciting opportunity that will develop or boost a career into the 'already booming' metering industry.
- The candidate MUST possess CCN1/CMA1 & MET1 qualifications for the gas installations and have previous experience within the gas industry.
- MOCOPA registration and DNO Authorisation would also be prefered, although training will be provided to those without.
- We are predominantly looking to recruit installers from within the region they currently live, the flexibility to travel outside of the area with the willingness to accommodate overnight stays on occasion to enable us to meet increasing demand would be highly desirable.
- We offer successful applicants a new van for business use, company mobile phone/pda, uniform & PPE, all other necessary tools and equipment will also be provided. £28,000 Base Average wage is £33,000 per annum plus overtime/call-out work.
- This is a self employed contact position, you will be paid via your own LTD Company
- We can only employ already qualified Gas Engineers, so please do not apply if you do not have gas ACS qualifications, as we would not be able to offer you a position.
For non qualified Dual Fuel engineers who are up skilling from gas, you will be put through a 5 week training course and then be signed off at MOCOPA standard
You will be paid during training - £100 per day
The candidate MUST possess CCN1/CMA1 & MET1: 1 year
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office