Reports to the I&E Superintendent, who reports to the Maintenance Manager, who reports to the General Manager.
- Develop and maintain the site electrical distribution system
- Design of electrical power equipment.
- Conduct failure analyses on affected power distribution equipment.
- Calculate current carrying conductor, fuse, and breaker sizing for required load power usages.
- Supervise the installation, testing, and commissioning of electrical power equipment.
- Develop electrical power system schematics, relay settings, and controls.
- Gather and interpret power relay event reports in order to ascertain the initiating event of related equipment failures.
- Conducts project engineering responsibilities such as design and specification for the site Engineering Group.
- Involvement in reliability/PSM/Mechanical Integrity leadership
- This team focuses primarily on instrument and electrical equipment criticality, reliability centered maintenance implementation, and predictive maintenance program management.
- Develop and implement site preventative maintenance procedures for electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Maintain SRS specifications, SIL ratings, and other PSM critical process safety information associated with plant instrumentation or electrical infrastructure.
- Represent the site on the Electrical and/or SIS Site Stakeholder Teams
- Develop and maintain site instrument and control systems
- Provides technical assistance to the I&E Technicians on certain specialized applications and equipment when necessary. (e.g. diagnosing variable frequency drive issues).
- Specifies instrumentation and control schemes for maintenance and capital project initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational and planning skills, facilitation skills, computer and network skills.
- Strong, persistent, and safety oriented work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to direct others.
- Comfortable with interpersonal interactions with subordinates and management.
- Bachelor Degree from accredited university in Electrical discipline; P. E. License is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in electrical and instrumentation chemical plant experience
- Strong Process Safety knowledge.
- Possess detailed knowledge of equipment from various manufacturers.
- Demonstrated capability to lead large electrical and instrumentation infrastructure projects > $1 mm.
- Experience with plant design and project engineering, or utilities a plus.
- Mastery of the theory of operations of major equipment and a working knowledge of high voltage and medium voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Knowledge of a variety of test equipment and methods employed for testing and troubleshooting electrical equipment.
- Flexible, analytical and detailed oriented.
- Willingness to work extended hours, particularly during scheduled outages
- Willingness to participate on corporate teams and assist other locations (some travel required)
- Willingness to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and willingness to participate in weekend and holiday coverage
- Willingness to travel for factory acceptance tests, witness equipment repairs, and project support, if required. Travel time is not expected to exceed 10%.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office