EHS Advisors (X 4 positions)
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH110953
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Sector: HSEQ, Licensing & Regulations, Power
Date posted: 02/08/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
The EHS Coordinator supports Overall Site Management (Consortium Leader*) as well as all contractors (and Consortium
Members*) in all issues and actions to be taken with respect to environmental protection and occupational health & safety.
The essential duties and responsibilities involved are as follows:
- Preparing, introducing and monitoring concepts, rules & regulations governing occupational health & safety, fire protection
and environmental protection, in particular for joint review of method statements and risk assessments with the Site Engineering Managers.
- Advising and, where applicable, training site personnel in matters related to environmental protection, occupational health & safety and accident prevention in accordance with the pertinent accident prevention regulations.
- Planning and monitoring of accident alert and rescue services, including first-aid service; reporting of occupational health
& safety statistics, monitoring of safety statistics including trend analyses (section included in the consortium monthly report*).
- Coordinating and monitoring of fire prevention and protection concepts during plant construction.
- Conducting safety meetings and discussions as well as plant safety walk downs; monitoring elimination of deficiencies.
- Identifying and investigating main concentrations of hazards and preparing proposals for corrective action; preparing,
maintaining and updating a safety and crisis management plan; preparing proposals for improving basic safety policies and
safety culture, including for example within the framework of an implemented EHS bonus system (incentive plan).
- Liaison with the owner's organization in questions of occupational health & safety, environmental protection and physical
security as well as for third parties, where needed.
- Monitoring the site personnel ID-card system and access authorization and management of site security personnel insofar
as such scopes are included in Siemens´ scope of responsibility.
- Introducing and monitoring compliance with the permit-to-work procedure, from the start of on-site activity up to handover
- Performance of internal and external occupational health & safety and environmental protection audits and reviews,
including auditing of suppliers (and consortium partners *) at the project site, and tracking corrective actions introduced to
- Identifying, recording, controlling and follow-up of relevant EHS aspects.
- Support for assessment of actual implementation of contractual EHS specifications among main suppliers, Supplier Qualification at ES.
- Assumption of the function of Health & Safety Coordinator for the execution phase of projects within the European Union
(role must be mandated by the GPM; if necessary, the EHS Manager at the back office or some other qualified person may
assume this role). For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office