Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : EIENRR
Location: England, United Kingdom
Sector: Energy From Waste, Renewables
Date posted: 06/09/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is one of the UK's leading and most recognised Biogas innovators within the Renewables market and are looking to hire a highly skilled Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer. This position is field based covering the UK and pays a competitive salary of £35,000-£45,000 per annum + bonus scheme, pension and other company benefits and annual leave.
This role will offer the chance to be part of a fantastically motived team while the company will offer unrivalled career development and training in order to help progress the successful applicant's personal progression.
Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer duties and responsibilities;
* Performs varied electrical engineering assignments requiring a good working familiarity with electrical and control systems.
* Performs PLC programming and PLC fault finding.
* Carries out installation and commissioning of electrical and control systems.
* Reviews the work of other application engineers for technical accuracy, completeness and adherence to contract documents and statutory requirements.
* Refers difficult or complex matters or decisions to senior managers.
* Project / Site management of individual jobs, including personnel management, corresponding and liaising with clients, complying with the company QA system, documentation, record keeping and reporting.
* Extensive travel within the UK and occasional European travel will be required.
Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer desired experience;
* Sound knowledge of process equipment, machinery, controls and instrumentation.
* Sound knowledge of Siemens PLCs
* Ability to design electrical, instrumentation and control systems for hazardous areas
* Ability to specify and select PLCs, control panel components and field instruments for hazardous areas
* Ability to formulate PLC programs
* Experience with installation, commissioning, fault finding and repair of electrical systems, PLCs, control and instrumentation in hazardous areas.
* Ability to train customers on operation and maintenance of their equipment.
* Ability to prepare technical documentation and proposals to present and negotiate with clients.
For more information about this role please contact our London office