Electrical Engineer - HV Projects
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH102567
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
Sector: Electricity, Utilities
Salary: £40000 - £53000 per annum
Date posted: 06/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy firm.They employ over 750 staff across operations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
Our client currently have numerous opportunities for Electrical Engineers to join their High Voltage Engineering Department. The group is responsible for domestic and international projects the positions may be based in Manchester but candidates must be willing and available for travel within Ireland and overseas.
The successful candidate will be required to work in an Electrical Engineer's role as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering project team based in the office as part of a design team or on International construction sites.
Key Responsibilities may include the following:
* Designing new transmission and distribution substations and upgrades/modifications to existing stations
* Production of electrical control and protection schematics, using advanced design applications such as EPlan
* Production of physical substation layouts with strong understanding of electrical clearances, design considerations and construction methods using design applications Autocad and Microstation
* Preparing new standard designs
* Acting in the statutory role of Project Supervisor Design Phase/Principal Designer/CDMC
* Ensuring full co-ordination of all aspects of the project - civil, electrical, lines, cables, control system, telecoms etc. to target timelines and to highest quality standards
* Reviewing supplier designs and drawings.
* Supporting project teams in relation to substation component material and design issues.
* Fully embracing our clients Safety Culture and ensuring the employer's obligations under health and safety legislation are being adhered to.
* Coordination with other disciplines such as Civil and Mechanical Engineers, Architects and Quantity Surveyors as required, working in a proactive way to deliver high quality projects to Client satisfaction.
* Project Management including programme management and commercial/contract management
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
* Self motivated and able to project manage own work and coordinate those working with them.
* Ability to work and share knowledge and competencies within a team structure.
* Proven track record of delivery of projects on time and to the highest technical standards.
* Interested in developing a technical career path.
* Demonstrate the ability to make quality decisions and judgments.
* Have a logical, yet imaginative approach to problem solving.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Flexibility is important in all aspects of the role, including travel nationally and internationally.
* Strong report writing capability.
* Proficient computer skills.
* Experience of training, development and mentoring of junior team members
The following are essential requirements:
* Degree in Electrical Engineering (Level 8 or higher)
* Approx. 5 - 10 Years Relevant Experience in an Engineering design office
* Fluent in English
* Full Drivers licence and access to a car - this is not essential for Manchester
In addition, successful candidates will possess some of the following experience:
* Detailed knowledge & experience of safety principles in design
* Detailed knowledge and experience of working with High Voltage technology
* Experience in conceptual design and analysis, detailed electrical wiring design and physical layouts
* Experience in High Voltage protection technology
* Experience in development of specifications
* Experience of installation and construction practice on site
Specific design experience of HV substations with a manufacturer, contractor or electricity utility company will be an advantage
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office