Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH109958
Location: USA, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Sector: Design & Engineering, Building Services, Built Environment
Salary: US$80000.00 per annum
Date posted: 12/07/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Plans and conducts work requiring judgment regarding the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
Successfully completes small to medium engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
Works closely with the Project Managers (PM) or Senior Project Engineers for technical review and guidance.
- Prepare basic deliverables and products including calculations, drawings, and specifications
- Oversees all aspects of projects
- Sets deadlines and assigns responsibilities
- Examine field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects
- Design building electrical systems including power, lighting, communication, security systems and fire alarm while adhering to the firm's QA/QC process
- Develop project specifications
- Attend meetings with architects, owners and building managers to discuss future and or current projects
- Responsible for meeting the client's project goals and objectives
- Assist in business development by pursuing new work including participation in client presentations
- Assist in the firm's human resource efforts through training and mentoring junior firm members
- Enhances the firm's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing internal and external client requests
- Demonstrates core values and serves as a role model/mentor to all firm members
- Updates job knowledge and technical expertise by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in technical organizations and obtaining certifications in area of expertise and participating in the firm's Technical Committee as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited engineering program
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a consulting engineering firm
- Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards
- Strong organizational, prioritization, decision making and analytical skills
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasive and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to consistently set goals and meet deadlines and adapt to flexible responsibilities
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with Deltek Vision or Project Resource Management software is preferred
- Ability to meet and exceed client expectations
- PE license is preferred
- LEED Certification is preferred
- Certifications in areas of expertise are preferred
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.