Electrical Engineer - Anniston, AL
Title: Electrical Engineer - Anniston, AL
the company is a global specialty chemicals company that produces a broad range of advanced materials, additives and functional products, specialty chemicals, and fibers that are found in products people use every day. As a world leader in the diverse markets it serves, company is focused on delivering innovative and technology-based solutions while maintaining its commitment to safety and sustainability.
Company is seeking an Electrical Engineer for its Anniston, Alabama Plant. At this location, the company manufactures a family of industrial heat transfer fluids and aviation hydraulic fluids.
This position is accountable for the electrical engineering function of the plant and reports to the Engineering Manager. Accountabilities include providing electrical, instrumentation, DCS and technical assistance in support of the day-to-day operations, as well as providing engineering and project management support for plant projects.
* Identify, develop, and execute capital/expense projects that proactively improve the safety, reliability, operability, capacity, and cost of Anniston plant operations. Provide high-quality design, scope, and cost/schedule estimates that are consistent with our commitment to continuous improvement
* Perform the project management function for the execution of small and mid-size capital projects
* Provide electrical and maintenance assistance in the day-to-day operations of the department and Operations
* Design, specify, install, and troubleshoot industrial electrical and instrumentation control systems.
* Support and maintain Delta V DCS control systems
* Field Instrumentation experience with hardware installation, programming, design, troubleshooting and maintenance
*Safety Instrumented System (SIS) experience with installation, design, programming, troubleshooting and maintenance
*Knowledge and experience with acceptance testing and commissioning of instrument equipment and systems
*Knowledge of industry practices for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and instrumentation Mechanical Integrity (MI) programs, including the applicable sections of OSHA 1910 and ANSI/ISA 84.00.01-2004
* Coordinate plant efforts in reviewing breakdowns and failures with the intention of eliminating root causes of the failures, increasing on-stream time of the plant, and reducing costs
* Provide technical training to maintenance/production departments to improve their understanding of electrical equipment systems
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Long-term work authorization is required for this position.
Required Knowledge & Skills
* Understanding and experience working with DCS systems, experience with Delta V is preferred
* Experience with SIL Solver software for SIS design
* Experience with Allen Bradley and/or Modicon PLCs
* Good planning, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of technical & manufacturing equipment specifications.
* Detailed knowledge of instrumentation systems and components
* Good organizational and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to solicit input and support of others at various levels in the organization
* Experience with SAP maintenance & project systems, as well as skill in other general computer software programs (Word, Excel, etc.).
* Understanding and experience working in an OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) facility
* Experience utilizing Stage gate systems and disciplines
* BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
* 3 years of Electrical engineering experience to include co-op or intern experience
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office