Electrical Engineer (Maintenance) - Kuantan, Malaysia
My client is looking for a Electrical Engineer to be responsible for preventive and routine maintenance of two utility plants in Malaysia. This role requires a technically-strong profile, with experience in handling electrical relays, performing independent routine maintenance, and clientele consultation. This role will be on 24/7 standby and on-call basis for any issues related to the electrical works of the plant.
* To plan, coordinate, monitor and report routine preventive maintenance and unplanned corrective maintenance of the Electrical Network Monitoring and Control System
* To plan resource, material and equipment requirements and to control material consumption for the execution of the activities.
* To supervise and control service engineers and/ or subcontractors engaged for the execution of the activities.
* To perform planned or unplanned corrective maintenance on the Electrical Network Monitoring and Control System (ENMCS) as and when required
* To provide full report on all activities carried out in relation to any reported incident and all the findings, root cause and solutions used.
* To plan and perform regular/ periodic preventive maintenance and health check of the ENMCS (inclusive of IEC61850 network, intelligent electronic devices or IEDs, protection relays and associated equipment)
* To be on standby to support the end client for any planned or unplanned corrective maintenance at site.
* Experience in handling of Reyrolle Relays is an advantage or other brand relays shall help too.
- Degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years working experience with Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and/or Power Plant industry and familiar with IEC 61850 and protection relay systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Siemens SIPROTEC and REYROLLE relays and SPPA-T3000 control systems are preferable.
- Excellent communication skills and customer-oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills and is a team player.
- Result-oriented coupled with strong analytical skills
- Exposure in working in a multi-cultural environment is preferred.
- Must be willing to be based in East Coast region (Kerteh/ Gebeng) of Peninsular Malaysia.
- Willing to commit to a 36-month contract position.
Interested applicants, please send your CV in word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Number: 13C6321 | Registration Number: R1658536
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd Agency License Number: 13C6321