Seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and dependable Electrician in Japan
Performing a wide variety of duties, which demand a high degree of manual and technical competency to build, assemble and test, inspect, repair, install, modify, and maintain electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment.
Working with a world leading power supply company on prestigious global events.
Educational background must include a high school diploma
- Proven knowledge of the principles of electricity and electrical design
- 1-2 years of formal technical training
- 1+ years' experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures from blueprints, schematics and sketches or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Speaking and basic understanding of Japanese is advantageous
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring and equipment, using standard testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, as well as observing functions to ensure compatibility and safety of components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with the National Electric Code and other code agencies.
- Install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Inspect circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Periodically inspect equipment, and locate and correct problems before breakdowns occur
- Locate and determine electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
- Repair malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning and repairing motors.
- Make the necessary repairs as quickly as possible in order to minimise inconvenience
- Assist in the establishment of preventive maintenance programs for electrical systems and facilities.
- May connect motors to electrical power and install electronic controls for industrial equipment
- Assist personnel with technical/electrical troubleshooting
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records in accordance with department procedures
- Understanding of control systems and how to troubleshoot relays, switches, timers, and solid-state components.
- Ability to read and understand electrical one-line diagrams.
If this sounds like a position you may be interested then please do not hesitate to get in contact at your earliest opportunity
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd Agency License Number: 13C6321