Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH119516
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 02/03/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Provide and/or coordinate estimating services on multiple projects in varying market sectors and contract types. An Estimator shall have a basic understanding of construction costs as it relates to all building systems. Estimators shall be able to handle multiple trades on either an estimate or bid. They shall also have a basic understanding of how to compile an estimate and cover all construction aspects appropriately.
Summary of essential job functions
- Ensure all project files for assigned projects are named and filed in accordance with the Estimating Department's electronic project file directory structure. Maintain all working documents and data to back-up estimate figures.
- Prepare quantity take-off's with Onscreen according to department's filing system.
- Level subcontractor proposals using department scope sheet template for assigned trades on Bids and GMP's.
- Enter project metrics and financial data for all projects assigned as Lead into historical data sheets.
- Review and incorporate historical data from subcontracts, purchase orders, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit costs.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid/design meetings, determine scope of work, determine required proposal/bid deliverables, ascertain potential risks, follow-up for in-house operations plans, etc when assigned as Lead on estimates and bids.
- Prepare discipline, schematic, and final estimates as well as estimating tracking reports and variance reports.
- Establish and maintain relations with current clients and subcontractors.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience; 2 to 3 years estimating, cost control, and/or field operations experience in similar construction management/general contracting firms; general knowledge of construction market and relative costs in the New York and New Jersey area; general knowledge of estimating procedures and techniques, all engineering disciplines and cost control systems; ability to estimate all types of project/contracts and ability to coordinate within group work efforts.
- Able to manage personal schedule to adapt to dynamic bidding and estimating schedules
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.