Embedded Hardware/Firmware Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH108460
Location: England, Essex
Sector: Hardware / Firmware, R and D
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum
Date posted: 15/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Job Title: Hardware/ Firmware Engineer
Salary: Up to £55K
A new opportunity has arisen for a Hardware/ Firmware Engineer to join a pioneering technology company based in Essex.
The successful candidate will work within a R&D environment focusing on cutting edge technology projects supported by some the UK's leading hardware professionals. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Electronic Hardware and Embedded software design.
Hardware/ Firmware Engineer experience required:
* A strong background in Electronic Hardware and Embedded software design
* High speed digital and analogue circuit design
* Competent in embedded "C" programming
* Confident in the development of embedded software
* Partitioning of software/hardware within an architecture
* Designing and managing the layout of PCB's
* Experienced in design verification
* Ability to use standard hardware & software test equipment
* FPGA design including VHDL
* Knowledge of systems engineering principles
* Experienced in design for Reliability (MTBF)
* BS minimum clearance SC Desirable
Typical Hardware/ Firmware Engineer tasks:
* Design of embedded hardware and firmware architecture to meet customer requirements
* Working with project technical authority and systems engineers to understand and capture functional requirements of the systems and ensure designs meets these and can be tested, supported and maintained
* Ensuring design documentation is accurate and changes controlled
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.