Embedded Software Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH113864
Location: Switzerland, Zurich
Sector: Software, Aerospace
Date posted: 25/09/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: 80-110,000 chf
My client is one of the industry's premier suppliers of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. My client's solutions power a wide variety of critical defence and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, They are pioneering a next-generation defence electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry's current and emerging technology needs. This has led to recent acquisitions and exponential growth within the organisation, as a result, they are currently looking for Embedded Software Engineers to join their site in Switzerland.
The primary responsibility of this position is for Software engineering on various embedded systems developments with emphasis on aerospace applications, you will also be required to:
* Develop embedded safety software using a variety of ARINC 653 Operating Systems (primarily VxWorks 653 or PikeOS) and hardware platforms (PowerPC, QorIQ)
* Write specifications, plans, design documents, user manuals, code, test cases and procedures according to the DO-178 standard
* Review technical documents
* Troubleshoot and test software under multiple Operating Systems and hardware platforms
* Support customers in their use of the systems
Skills and experience:
* Proven embedded software development skills in C is a must
* Proven experience of BSP or driver development under VxWorks 653 or equivalent
* Experience with DO-178, ISO 26262, EN 50128, EN 61513 or similar is an asset
* Software project management is an asset
* English or French language skills
* Use of debugging tools (software, JTAG probes, simulators)
* Configuration management (SVN, GIT, CVS)
* Script knowledge for test automation (python, bash, etc)
For more information regarding this position please don't hesitate to get in contact.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.