Spencer Ogden are hiring an Energy Engineer for a buildings engineering company based in Dubai.
Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and evaluation of energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs and/or improve energy efficiency for projects
- Assist Project Leads in planning, organizing, and participating in Energy Performance Contract projects
- Perform on-site energy efficiency audits that are focused on mechanical system, control systems and lighting energy efficiency opportunities
- Perform on-site data collection and investigations
- Conduct historical utility billing analysis and facility benchmarking analysis
- Recommend and analyze Energy Efficiency Measures (EEMs)
- Develop and implement Site Measurement Plans and deploy equipment to document parameters such as operating times, flows, energy consumption, temperatures, etc.
- Develop Site Survey Plans and Audit Checklists
- Coordinate with suppliers, consultants and contractors to ensure original design intent is adhered to throughout implementation
- Support in the Design of EEMs and review drawings, specifications, bill of quantities and sequences of operation
- Perform concept and schematic design, calculations and drawing production
- Research emerging technologies and standards for implementation into company practice and project implementation
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of technologies
- Coordinate and inspect on-site work and installations performed by suppliers, consultants and contractors
- Work with project site staff, owners staff and maintenance teams to ensure accurate operation within design parameters
- Inspect Building Management Systems (BMS) and develop status reports
- Analyze consumption before, during and after implementation phases using energy modeling software
- Report on energy savings achieved during operations period using M&V protocols
- Create and develop technical audit, savings, M&V and project reports
- Model buildings in AutoCAD and Revit
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Energy or Environmental Engineering.
- Strong knowledge base of energy efficiency methodology and building engineering and design
- Strong written and oral communication skills for customer interaction and report writing.
- 1-2 years' experience in an Energy or Mechanical engineering position preferred.
- Basic knowledge of energy and mechanical systems.
For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office