Engine Room Operator
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH120783
Location: Malaysia, Kota Kinabalu
Sector: Offshore, Maintenance Crew, Drilling
Date posted: 08/02/2018
* The Engine Control Room Operator is responsible for conducting the engine watch and for the safe and correct execution of the items in the preventive maintenance program assigned to the position.
* Responsible for Engine Room alarm and normal on duty routines
* Routine checks of the machinery, tanks, bilge, and pump-rooms as directed by the superiors and in accordance with established procedures.
* Monitor gauges, alarms, and general conditions of machinery and equipment.
* Ensure that all equipment within the area of responsibility is being inspected at the beginning of each shift. Special attention must be given to equipment in operation and equipment required by the immediately impending operation
* Responsible to provide repair service to the other functions on board
* Carry out other work as directed by the Maintenance Engineer or Engine Room Engineer.
* Mechanical background with knowledge about diesel engines
* Computer literate and knowledge of computerized maintenance systems
* Conversant with safety management and quality management principles
* Good verbal and written English communication skills
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321