- Responsible for assisting with the service and overhauling of medium speed reciprocating engines and components.
- Perform maintenance, overhauls, and repairs to engine components including injectors, fuel pumps, cylinder heads, turbochargers, and governors and control systems
- Work both in the workshop and in the field
- Travel to various customer locations upon as directed including shipyards, onboard ship service, power stations, and gas compression stations, and travel to other countries for extended lengths of time.
- Prepare technical reports for both internal and external customers.Exhibit a sense of urgency
High school diploma
Associate or Bachelor degree in (Marine/Mechanical Engineering or Engine Technology) and/or minimum of 2 years' experience in marine operations and/or maintenance operations is preferred.
Assistant Engineer License,OEM Service Technician level, or unlicensed seagoing experience for at least 2 years is preferred.
Good communication skills including reporting skills and listening skills. ? Ability to develop leadership qualities.
Knowledge of large bore, medium speed diesel engine controls and automation systems on engines such as: MaK, MAN, Wartsila, Bergen/Rolls Royce, HiMSEN, Sulzer, MAN B&W, Mitsubishi, Niigata.
Ability to use diesel engine diagnostic equipment.
Experience with HFO, diesel, gas, duel fuel, & common rail engines.
Experience with maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of turbochargers such as Napier, KBB, MAN, ABB, STX is preferred
Good understanding of electrical and automation is desirable. ? Ability to contribute a positive and motivated environment.
Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish) is highly desirable For more information about this role please contact our Houston office