Essential Job Functions
- Participate and support site safety and environmental management systems; assure safety and environmental considerations are included in engineering products.
- Manage site engineering documents and design information to be accurate and of high quality.
- Use technical information, such as design information, operating experience and fundamental engineering principles, to resolve equipment performance problems and technical issues and to provide input to operational decisions.
- Monitor and evaluate equipment and system performance by examining and trending the results of condition-monitoring activities, reviewing equipment failures, analyzing availability/reliability information, and performing system walk downs. Follow-up actions, based on identified problems, trends, and root cause determinations, are timely and effective.
- Provide leadership and labor to troubleshoot and repair Solar site operating and maintenance problems.
- Manage internal labor and third-party services to repair and maintain solar generation equipment.
- Use proven RCA methodologies and tools to identify basic or causal factors in failure events or variances in performance to eliminate repeated occurrences and optimize performance.
- Ensure sites maintain electrical NERC and ERCOT compliance requirements.
- Provide technical guidance support of site operations and maintenance procedures.
- Manage subcontractors during site maintenance outages as required.
- Evaluate and develop site improvement projects. Provide economic justification, develop RFQ's, evaluate bids and contract T&C's and award PO's, manage contractors, QA/QC monitoring, field change requests and develop budgets and manage cost control responsibilities for projects.
- Provide engineering and O&M support.
Present engineering analysis plans and recommendations to site staff, management and directors.
- 6-10+ yeasr of electrical engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Desired working knowledge of Solar generation equipment, protection and isolation equipment, substations, static and dynamic reactive power equipment, electrical collection systems as well as SCADA control and HMI systems
- Possess strong planning, scheduling and project management skills with the ability to plan and work independently
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage and supervise people
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver's license
- Reside or willing to relocate within 50 miles of the facility
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.