Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH105312
Location: England, East Sussex, Brighton
Sector: Build, M&E Management, Built Environment
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Date posted: 13/04/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Engineering Manager - Perm - Brighton
I am currently recruiting an Engineering Manager for a large multinational manufacturing company.
To lead and direct the Engineering function, supporting business growth and change through strong
project management, development of Continuous Improvement and lean ways of working, and control of financial budgets and suppliers.
* Participate in strategic planning for the business as a member of the Senior Management team,
and provide advice and guidance to the board on Engineering related matters.
* Ensure that Health & Safety remains a foremost priority for the business, working with the
Engineering team to ensure all departmental policies, procedures and working practices are industry leading in this respect.
* Develop, agree and deliver the agreed annual capital plan to both time and budget.
* Plan, and deliver complex projects, often to tight deadlines, including managing supplier tender and contracts, budget and cost control, co-ordination of resources and management of operational
considerations such as technical and production planning.
* Drive a Continuous Improvement culture, working in collaboration with other departments, to
improve operating performance, reduce waste, and control cost.
* Advance the structure, design, and implementation of an effective Preventative Maintenance and
asset care system to support optimal equipment and utility performance.
* Conduct data analysis to plot trends and spot opportunities for improvement.
* Work with the Plant Manager to set and agree Key Performance Indicators to include Health and
Safety standards, delivery of an effective Engineering support service to the business, employment
and development of staff, wastage, utilisation of engineering spares, effective procurement and
purchasing, energy utilities and foreign body control.
* Be responsible for compliance with legislation and customer codes of practice,
* Take a lead for Engineering in planning for and hosting successful visits including customers,
auditors, and company VIP visits
* Be responsible for the engineering skills base within the business, identifying current and future
skills requirements, formulating training plans and development pathways, and working with the
Personnel team to maximise recruitment and engagement opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Degree / HND or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
* Demonstrable success in leadership during periods of business growth and change
* Senior Management experience within FMCG / Food related manufacturing operations is essential
* Previous experience in preparation and delivery of annual capital plans
* Previous experience in the developing and managing Planned Preventative Maintenance Programmes
* Proven track record in leading Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Proven track record in the managing medium to large capital size projects.
* NEBOSH / IOSH essential
* Project Management qualification desirable
* Formal management qualification essential
* Six Sigma green belt or above desirable
* Strong IT skills
WHAT WE OFFER
* An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
* 33 days annual leave
* GPP Pension scheme
* On-going training
* Private Healthcare
* Childcare Vouchers
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* On site park
Please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 227 4917
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office