Engineering manager responsibilities, consistent with the set of business objectives, include:
- Member of the program leadership team, accountable for overall program outcome in all key performance areas: safety, quality, cost and schedule. Coordinate PMT Administrative Logistics (example: Meeting Logistics).
- Provide project engineering leadership & oversight for scope development, execution strategy, Subject Matter Expert as required and ensure Project Best Practices are followed as appropriate.
- Identify and work out design resourcing issues across the teams, support selection and allocation of Project & Design engineering resources, in cooperation with Project Directorate and Project Managers.
- Ensures engineering quality meets program objectives and acts as Program focal point for Technical information management
- Drive program Standardization and the provision of technical support for the development of program wide agreements.
- Provide leadership for the engineering function ensuring alignment between all project segments.
- Leadership for management of changes: work with teams to identify impact of changes, appropriate actions/reporting needed to manage changes within program goals.
- Lead and facilitate development and implementation of program level execution strategy.
- Support the identification and deployment of best-in-class contracting strategies and purchasing practices within the program for technology, ESC and EPC contracts, Input to program procurement plans and strategy, work with contract managers and PPL.
- Act as liaison with the PMC for the Program on the Operational Level (examples: Coordination of Work Releases, Protocols, QA/QC Procedures).
- Input to Consolidated Schedule/Cost Management and Reporting
For more information about this role please contact our London office