We are on the search for a multifaceted, empowering Engineering Manager to lead a growing Engineering Department! EM is responsible for managing engineering, design and control activities across all departments (Engineering, Production, Finance, Service and Supply Chain). He/She manages internal and external customer needs through planning, communication and supporting of direct reports to meet our customer commitments. If this all sounds up your alley and you are a natural problem solver, engaging leader and have custom gas compressor experience then keep on reading!! We are a great company to work for and located conveniently in the north Denver Metro Area.
Here is what you will do daily:
- Maintain a strong personal commitment to our safety culture by incorporating safety into every aspect of every activity - design for safety, engineer for safety and lead with safety in mind
- Lead, develop and mentor others to form a highly efficient, nimble and cohesive unit using company guiding principles
- Coach, develop and empower a team of 15 by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and holding the team accountable
- Deliver on corporate commitments by assigning, focusing and scheduling engineering, design and control resources
- Review package designs and ensure they can be manufactured to our quality and safety standards before they are submitted to customers for approval
- Report out engineering KPI's
- Improve team efficiency by simplifying work processes and eliminating roadblocks
- Actively participate in post project reviews, ensuring the lessons learned are documented, disseminated and incorporated into future designs
- Support sales and applications engineering needs
- Ensure engineering standards are appropriate in scope/quantity and are followed
- Identify the needed tools to boost efficiency and process improvements
- Ensure technical resources are available for the core business
This role is for you if you:
- Are safety focused and properly use your PPE
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a similar discipline
- Have at least 8 years of experience in managing technical projects
- Have at least 4 years of experience in managing and developing direct reports
- Have at least 3 years of experience in compressor packaging and working in an active Continuous Improvement Process environment
- Have experience with ERP systems (bonus points if that ERP is Epicor)
- Are a MS Office whiz, especially Excel and One Note
- Are an expert problem solver and committed to a standard of excellence in customer service (internal and external customers)
- Pride yourself on being a true professional and a collaborative, engaging and respectful team player
- Are okay with occasional domestic travel (up to 10%)
- Want to grow your career with a company that will invest in your success
To ensure you can do the job safely, we have some minimum physical requirements:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs
- Squat, bend or stoop, push, pull and overhead reach
- Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers (i.e. frequent typing)
- Occasionally able to work more than 8 hours on one shift
A little more about us: A Local compression source for the Rocky Mountain West. From our new 100,000 sq. ft. facility strategically located in Colorado. we provide custom air and gas compression packages for the oil & gas industry, power plants, process industry, and the industrial marketplace, as well as for commercial and municipal applications.
We are a great place to work so come join our team!! Here's why:
- Commitment to your safety (first and foremost)
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable health benefits package
- Outstanding 401k with company match ($ for $ up to 3%)
- Time to recharge - 3 weeks of paid time off in addition to 10 paid holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Paid Volunteer Time for sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Company recognition and award programs, Breakfast Burrito Tuesdays, Pizza/Sandwich Tuesdays for 2nd shift, Doughnut Fridays and more!
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, gender identity or national origin.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.