Engineering Team Leader
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH91369
Location: England, Bedfordshire, Sandy
Sector: Build, M&E Management, Built Environment
Salary: £43000.00 - £45000 per annum
Date posted: 10/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client, a large Building products Manufacturer, has a very exciting opportunity for a a Maintenance Team Leader. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a large National Company.
Responsible primarily for the planning and implementation of the day to day Maintenance activities including planned preventative maintenance, Process improvement and first line personnel management, including contractor management. You will have the ownership of the whole site in terms of daily maintenance, but more specifically you will have the ownership of one process area for planned shutdowns and will be expected to drive that process forward. All of this must be achieved inline with the core objectives: Safety, Quality, Cost and Service.
* To efficiently organise and manage the engineers within your shift team, day team when required and other shift teams during absences.
* To ensure that the required department and site KPIs are managed and reported on in a timely fashion.
* Report daily to the Works Engineer with downtime information and other operational information.
* Ensure you perform a succinct, proficient hand over to the next shift / team leader.
* Ensure a clear succinct report of all work carried out by you and your team during the shift is sent to the engineering management team. This should include: Machine downtime, Shift issues, handover information, outstanding work and parts required with progress.
* Attend meetings as required for Safety, Process improvements, Production Planning, Morning meeting and projects. Plus any other specific meetings required.
* Critically assess machine downtime and challenge areas of inefficiency through process improvement in conjunction with Engineering Team and Reliability Engineer.
* Promote best practise and ensure that these are communicated internally through the department, site and through the Group.
* To organise and comply with the departmental planned preventative maintenance activities and legal compliance checks across the site. Where there are shortcomings you will add/redesign these to get maximum benefit.
* Manage your team's time, attendance and holidays in line with best practice and ensure that cover is provided during periods of absence.
* To ensure that maintenance opportunities are effectively planned to make the most of the available time.
* To maintain and improve safe working environment and support initiatives, campaigns and activities that form the site health and safety action plan.
* Liaise and maintain relationships with internal and external suppliers, Keeping energy reduction, Cost effectiveness and component quality in mind.
* Carry out 6 monthly Performance & development reviews for all of your reports, giving valuable, concise feedback. Put in place specific personal and team objectives into development plan.
* Identify and implement training requirements and plans for direct reports.
* Maintain work quality standards and principles: Stop and fix; Maintaining clean, Tidy and organised workshop areas.
* Be involved in recruitment and selection of team personnel.
* Control and management of contractors and visitors to the site, ensuring paperwork is complete and fulfils the requirements of the IMS system
Be available to work with and support your team on breakdowns and other engineering tasks as well as maintaining the management aspect of you role.
3 shift Pattern
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office