Engineering Team Leader - Peterhead - £37,440 + Overtime at £27
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: 95135
Location: Scotland, Aberdeenshire, Peterhead
Sector: Design & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: £37440 per annum + Overtime (£27 p/hr)
Date Posted: 21/11/2016
Engineering Team Leader - Perm - Peterhead - £37,440 + Overtime at £27 p/hr
I am currently recruiting an Engineering Team Leaders role for a major manufacturer in Peterhead.
This position will be responsible for managing all maintenance activities on shift. You will be managing a team of Shift Engineers and be responsible for apprentices.
* Leading and supervising a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems.
* Ensuring engineering solutions are put in place to permanently fix breakdowns/failures and that the root cause is identified and addressed.
* Continually improving and maximise uptime by ensuring that repairs are completed to a high
standard and in a timely manner.
* Ensuring continuous improvement with regards to planned preventative maintenance (PPM).This includes reporting on the overall effectiveness of the system, ensuring PPM targets are met and that each planned maintenance is scheduled at appropriate times, effectively completed and closed.
* Increasing efficiency by evaluating each production line on a daily basis and identifying what
engineering work is required.
* Undertaking and assuming responsibility for key elements of engineering projects and ensuring all tasks are completed on time.
* Maintaining stock so the correct spares are stocked enabling fast, effective repairs but balancing this with the need to maintain minimum stock value and control expenditure.
* Ensuring the engineering department is working to its optimum by providing all engineers with clear instructions and guidelines required to perform their roles, this includes sound engineering systems.
* Managing staff on a day-to- day basis ensuring tasks are delegated equally and to engineers with the appropriate skill set.
* Providing feedback to the Engineering Manager and/or the Chief Engineer regarding what is
* required in order to carry out their duties effectively.
* Communicating clearly with other Engineering Team Leaders, Engineering Manager and the
* Chief Engineer to guarantee cross shift communication is effective.
* Ensuring that all procedures relating to health and safety are employed by all engineering personnel and contractors, and confirming this is done by auditing processes and procedures.
* Providing training and ad hoc guidance and support to engineers and engineering apprentices to increase their skills and knowledge base.
* Ensuring their activities and the activities of the engineering department do not compromise safety by following current practices and making improvements if necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent.
* Experience of managing a team of engineers.
* Effective leadership skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
* A team player.
* Professional approach and attitude.
Hours of Work
* Five days in any seven on a two week rotating three shift pattern (approximately 06.00-14.00,
* 14.00-22.00, and 22.00-06.00).
* Overtime will be available.
Please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 227 4917
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office