Seeking an experienced candidate to fill the position of Engineering Technician supporting the Greater Pittsburgh Operations team of a local exploration and production company. In summary, the role is responsible for gathering, compiling, organizing data and preparing reports to enable the company to maximize resources.
As efficiently as possible provide quality data, information, and analysis that meets the requirements of the engineering, operations, and management staff allowing them to make proper business decisions. Candidate will work as part of a data management team ensuring consistent practices, high quality and information.
- Provide data, information, and technical support to engineering, operations and management staff
- Responsible for loading, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting external/internal data
- Coordinate with and support various departments for various data requests
- Collect and compile competitor data from industry and public sources
- Take ownership for data quality and ensure consistent data processes and sources are used across the business
- Input, maintain, extract, and analyze KPI and technical data
- Perform analysis and trend to identify anomalies in data; high level of ability to routinely QA/QC work product
- Assist in preparation and review of customized reports, graphs, and presentations as required for engineering projects
- Maintain well files & data books with respect to current well work
- Proficient at extracting, manipulating, correcting and analyzing data (Access, Excel, and Spotfire)
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results
- Ensures high quality data is available for the decision-making processes
- Can Work with minimum of supervision, self-motivated
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals
- Seeks out creative and innovative solutions. Brings new ideas to the team that adds values
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Basic Understanding of oil & gas operations
- Technical Associates in Engineering with 1 -2 years of experience in the oil & gas sector. Mainly Drilling and Completions.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.