Enterprise Architect / Programme Architect - Integration Focus
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : 97240
Location: Republic of Ireland, Cork
Sector: SMART Grid, Utilities
Date posted: 20/10/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Reporting to the Programme Lead, the Architect has responsibility for ensuring that the suite of applications are designed, architected and delivered in line with corporate IT standards. The Architect will be a leader in strategy and innovation in the evaluation of existing systems and technologies and development of strategic solutions and architecture to solve stated market challenges.
The Architect must understand the energy trading business and be able to dive deeply into technology issues to ensure that technology decisions and architecture are aligned with strategic business plans.
- Define target IT landscape for each functional area (front to back) in consultation with business
- Develop and maintain the Enterprise Architecture for the programme and integration with the company-wide Enterprise Architect(s).
- Articulate the capabilities of our target enterprise architecture in terms the business can understand.
- Review, assess and provide recommendations on the rationalisation of the current set of applications/services used by the business.
- Provide leadership in identifying requirements and initiatives to develop new capabilities, services, standards, assets (e.g., vision, business case, principles, standards, policies, reference architectures, etc.) and frameworks required to support business strategy. Plan delivery of new capabilities and services, assess and measure the benefits.
- Provide design continuity and consistency in all major solution decisions. Providing governance to ensure that all new capabilities and services remain aligned with strategic business plans and the company's IT Strategy, architecture, policy and standards at all times.
- Actively work with the leadership of the business's programme to ensure the required architecture inputs are provided to meet the timelines of the programme.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the company's timelines and plans through participation in relevant forums and conferences. Analyse and publish impacts on the businesses target architecture and deliverables
- Manage the Technical Design Authority to ensure all key technical decisions are made at the appropriate time with the appropriate people and documented accordingly
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 7 -10 years experience as a Programme/Enterprise Architect in an IT Consulting or Systems Integrator
- Experience in the Energy / Utility industry
- Demonstrated experience of Programme Architecture role and practical application of enterprise architecture frameworks. TOGAF (or similar) certification is advantageous.
- Strong ability to work to project deadlines and project plans
- Experience in developing and maintaining design/environment documentation required
- Experience in managing Technical Design Authority and technical resources, with strong stakeholder management skills needed
- Experience in mixed operating system environment (Windows and Linux), Cloud Deployments (Microsoft Azure) and Systems Integration. Experience in Data Analytics and Reporting desirable
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with an updated CV
For more information about this role please contact our London office