ERS Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: ERSME1
Location: England, Northamptonshire
Sector: Chassis Systems, Automotive
Date Posted: 30/09/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
ERS Mechanical Engineer
Successful applicants will need to provide proof of eligibility to work without restrictions in the UK.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineers that are:
- Familiar with automotive hybrid systems
- Capable of delivering highest standard solutions with technical expertise.
- Bringing solutions for the complete range of products found within a high performance, high voltage hybrid system.
Responsibilities (Including, not limited to)
- Concept design
- Detailed design
- Manufacturing support
- Writing test documentation and supporting validation testing.
Make calculations from first principals or use simulation tools to aid in the specification of a component or system. You will always need to deliver models and drawings that comply with company.
Standards and generate appropriate documentation to support the company's engineering release process.
Demandingg a high degree of contact with the electronics team, systems integration engineers, power systems designer etc.
Work with the procurement team, build and testing operations to deliver complex system solutions efficiently and in a timely manner. You will be responsible for ensuring that the components or systems on which you are working function to requirements at the point of delivery and that issues and faults arising are dealt with rapidly.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- World class engineering solutions of the highest quality in order to meet project targets
- Delivering world class engineering 0solutions of the highest quality in order to meet project targets.
- Creation of robust and versatile models to demonstrate concepts
- Producing engineering release documentation, technical procedures, test requests and reports (f.e. product development, validation and legislative verification_
- Delivery of detailed designs and drawings in accordance with deadlines
- Delivery of detailed designs and drawings that support right principals.
- Building working relationships with internal and external departments
- Championing best practice and technically challenging development of processes
* Communication of technical solutions to the customer
* Liaison with internal and external suppliers
* Day today management of their tasks
* Health and safety of his or herself within the work environment, and giving guidance to others
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- 2+ years' experience
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical engineering practices and systems
- Experience of hybrid powertrain component design
- Previous experience of technical prioritisation within a given area of responsibility
- High proficiency in use of CAD software for solid modelling (Catia V5)
- Read and create engineering drawings, good knowledge of geometric tolerancing
- PC literate including MS office products
- Experience of working with high voltage (1kV) and high power electrical drive systems (100kW+)
- Experience of FEA simulation tools.
- High grade degree in a relevant engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer Professional Registration
- Proactive with good organisation skills
- Inquisitive, innovative & inquisitive
- Close attention to detail, self-motivated to deliver engineering of the highest quality.
- Work to strict deadlines
- Great problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player, promoting a diverse collaboration
- Be Pragmatic and accountable
- Flexible with working hours
- Experience in a "customer facing" technical environment
-Experience working with automotive road cars.
- German Language skills
For more information about this role please contact our London office