Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH127105
Location: USA, New Jersey, Edison
Sector: Build, Project Management, Built Environment
Date posted: 07/06/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Location: Edison, NJ
WHO ARE WE
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? We are an established renewable energy development and EPC firm and we are looking for top tier employees to help continue the growth and success we've achieved over the past decade in solar. My client has been a leader in the solar industry since 2005, and we have developed over 1GW and engineered, procured, and constructed well over 500MW of solar-PV projects around the United States. We are expanding our solar division to meet the increasing demands we are seeing for our services.
The Estimator bids and wins highly profitable and feasibly constructible projects that have pricing strategies developed to maximize our profits, cash flow and avoid any losses during construction. The Estimator is responsible for the coordination of bid documents, labor productions, subcontractor and vendor pricing, subcontractor and vendor buyouts, project start-up meetings, owner estimates, subcontractor and vendor requisitions and cost-to-completes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Thoroughly investigates the specifications, scope of work, drawings, other RFP documents and develops a complete understanding of the RFP requirements.
- Accurately and timely performs takeoffs and calculations and analyzes data.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the contract documents and the potential risks for a project. Makes well-supported recommendations on how to mitigate and price risks.
- Conducts field visits to gather relevant data on project site conditions verify production rates and learn new construction techniques. Accordingly adjusts bid methods and incorporates this information during the bidding process.
- Attends quarterly cost-to-complete meetings for current projects and incorporates lessons learned in future bids.
- Negotiates the best deal for cost, quality, and delivery using the company buyout procedure.
- Interfaces extensively with the Contracts department to address any risks or issues with the contract.
- Helps develop pricing strategies.
- Excellent at multitasking. This position requires working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Outstanding communication skills. Solicits subcontractors and vendors as needed.
- Ensures all subcontractors and vendors have an executed Non-disclosure Agreement in place with Conti before sharing any project/ bid information.
- Ensures all subcontractors and vendors receive the company's standard Terms and Conditions before submitting a quotation.
- Coordinate with Business Development, Engineering and Operations teams to produce the most competitive bid proposal.
- Drafts proposals per RFP specifications with detailed pricing and clarifications.
- Ensures bids and proposals are completed on time for team review prior to submission.
- Three to five years of Estimating experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Engineering Technology.
- One or more years of relevant construction industry experience.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Track record of achievement and career progression.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.), plan and spec reading.
- Experience in Primavera, Microsoft Project, HCSS, On Screen Takeoff (OST) and AGTEK would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying would be valuable.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.