- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma, preferably in Engineering or Business
- At least 5 years' experience in Expediting and Procurement, within a Project organisational setup preferably in the Industrial gases or Oil and Gas Industry.
- An understanding of the nature of the products/services as well as prior experience in the Industrial Gases industry or similar industries, would be ideal
Purpose of the position:
-Ultimately responsible to ensure vendors fulfil contractual obligations with respect to Quality and Delivery Schedule in order to meet the objectives and KPIs of the Project
Principal responsibilities, Expediting Coordination
* Monitor progress and adherence to project requirements of every Purchase order and/or contract awarded across all phases of project execution by:
o Coordinating and Aligning activities of desk and field expeditors
o Coordinating inspection dates between lead inspectors and/or technical/QA/QC/project responsible persons
* Proactively identify and coordinate/execute timely intervention actions to ensure vendors fulfil contractual obligations
* Develop and roll out overall expediting plan for all sub projects that forms the project in order to deliver expediting targets of adherence to contractual obligations. This includes all expediting, inspection, release, GRN and NCR processes, as well as, where required, adherence to client's requirements
* Undertake capacity and resource planning, distribution, delegation, management and control of work in line with project requirements. This include identification of requirements that require coverage by external third party expediting resources.
* Ensure execution of expediting activities in line with the project specifications, contract and/or Purchase Orders
* Provide real time, productive information flow and updates within the expediting team, project managers, inspectors and Project Control team
* Regularly review status of all Purchase Orders and/or Contracts against the project requirements to ensure corrective actions are followed up to overcome and minimise non-conformities against contractual obligations, especially with regards to Quality and Delivery
* Call and manage bi-weekly expediting meeting with Project Managers and Project leadership. Review status of critical procurement items and review shipping status of PO's nearing delivery * Work closely with Project Control team to review the project master schedule and to take proactive intervention measures to mitigate delivery delays.
* Participate in Project Controls meetings and any other necessary meetings with project procurement and project managers
* Call and manage bi-weekly expediting meeting with Project Managers and Project leadership. Review status of critical procurement items and review shipping status of PO's nearing delivery * Prepare and submit monthly reports to Project management team
* Ensure vendor acknowledgement for all POs and contracts
* Work with procurement and Finance to GRN all goods received and provide site level interface between projects and vendors (utilizing expediting/inspection team).
Required key skills (functional/technical)
- Good Communication skills, written and verbal in local language and English
- Ability to work cross functionally within a Project setup
- Good understanding of Project Management
- Proficient in Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, especially Excel to compile reports/data analysis
- Preferably proficient and possess experience in using SAP and SRM
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd Agency License Number: 13C6321