Field Operations Engineer (Energy Management Systems)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH121693
Location: USA, Virginia, New York
Sector: BMS Engineering, Facility Management, Built Environment
Salary: Up to US$0.00 per annum
Date posted: 05/03/2018
An Operations Engineer's responsibilities include but are not limited to being a subject matter expert for electrical and mechanical systems. Operations Engineers conduct field surveys of various types and sizes of buildings to be able to compile an energy management system proposal (submetering/control) and assist with the installation of the energy management system, and other tasks as assigned.
* Conduct field surveys of a building's electrical/mechanical systems and create an EMS solution
* Review building drawings and schematics to determine location of building environmental systems and be able to create an EMS solution from said building drawings.
* Develop building automation system specifications and design for control system upgrades and improvements.
* Create one-line drawings and technical documentation as required.
* Create technical documentation and perform training for internal support team.
* Assist with installations and training of new installation subcontractors.
* Project Management - see an EMS project through from beginning to end
* Integrate different types of Building Automation System controls into the Tridium/Niagara JACE platform using BacNET and Modbus communications.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues with communication, hardware and software failures and other required duties for Energy Monitoring and Control equipment and Niagara JACE hardware.
* Work with Delivery and Support - Service group to resolve issues as necessary.
* 100% Travel Possible
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering (electrical/mechanical) with 2-4 years of experience, or equivalent.
* Niagara/Tridium Training (Preferred)
* OSHA 10 Hour - if not already received, then willing to take course within 1 month of hire
* Proficient skills in schematic drawing software and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Viso)
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.