Field Service Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH105698
Location: United Arab Emirates, UAE
Sector: Offshore, Maintenance, Oil and Gas
Date posted: 18/04/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
This employee is responsible for installation and troubleshooting of Oil & Gas equipment in Middle East Market.
-The field work is outdoors, in plant environments, exposed to the elements and can be physically demanding. This includes, but not limited to, climbing, crawling, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Numerous safety training modules are required specific to the oil & gas production, refinery & chemical processing industry. There is also a need for general refinery / plant operation and protocol.
- Responsibilities include understanding and learning about separation technology and its ability to address existing challenges associated with refining, gas, produced water and chemical applications
- Role includes measuring vessels and developing conceptual solutions for improving and optimizing the existing capital equipment
- Installing and running pilot demonstration equipment and collecting process samples from refinery, gas processing and chemical processing systems.
- The role will involve customer interaction and front line problem solving.
- Support sales functions in terms of upgrades, installation of rental vessels and new fabrication, pilot testing, liquid and gas system sample collecting, process reviews and system hook ups.
- Travel: greater than 70%
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and basic working knowledge of various hand tools and installation devices.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD. Ability to use 3D CAD packages such as Inventor
- Working knowledge of standard dimensioning practices and stack tolerances.
- Ability to design or redesigning upgraded hardware for vessel internals
- Must be able to enter industrial facilities such as refineries, gas, and petrochemical plants.
Education: Diploma or Graduate in Engineering
- 3-5 years experience in Field Service.
- Knowledge of filters/filter vessels desirable.
- Works with minimal supervision
- Persists in the face of difficulties
- Drives for results
- The ideal candidate can be based in the UAE
- Works efficiently
- Meets deadlines
- Desire to learn or expand upon exiting mechanical capabilities
- Creative thinking when problem solving
- Team player
For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office