(Client) is a trusted provider of high-quality solar and energy-saving solutions to a wide range of commercial customers nationwide, including businesses, governments and non-profits. The company provides financed end-to-end service offerings to help its customers reduce energy costs, decrease greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrate corporate sustainability.
Our team has unmatched expertise in helping customers maximize their solar investments. Their skillsets, passion and commitment to our clients sets us apart. We are looking for team members that want to make a difference, for our customers and in the world.
(Client) is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Service Technician interested in joining one of the nation's leading providers of commercial solar and energy solutions. (Client) Service Technicians are responsible for ensuring the end to end safety, quality and performance of solar PV systems. This includes performing preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and periodic supervision of laborers. The ideal candidate thinks critically, can work well independently, and is a problem solver skilled at troubleshooting.
Service Technicians are provided 1st in class safety and technical training with full office support. Once qualified, Technicians are assigned a company vehicle stocked with spare parts and testing equipment, a laptop or tablet, smart phone, and company expense card.
Our ideal Service Technician will:
- Adhere to (Client)'s safety and quality standards
- Complete all site maintenance documentation in a timely manner including labor hours, materials used, issues discovered while onsite and work performed
- Provide regular and clear communication regarding work schedule to Field Service Manager
- Have flexible work hours, which may include over time and periodic weekend support
- Comply with (Client) Service procedures, best practices, documentation, processes, and protocols
- Coordinate with site facility personnel, REC management, customers, vendors, and labor support in a professional and customer-centric manner
- Able to work in different roles from supporting the Quality Department with commissioning to overseeing major system refurbishments.
Quality Inspections & Commissioning:
- Enforce all company quality standards
- Attend pre-commissioning meetings and help ensure that the project team is ready for a final quality inspection and full system commissioning
- Perform site quality, Data Acquisition System (DAS) and PV system inspection and commissioning, and provide testing documentation, quality scoring, and a fully detailed punch list in a timely manner
- Work with equipment/inverter/DAS technical support and (Client)'s DAS Specialist while onsite to resolve any DAS issues
- Follow up on completion of punch list items prior to allowing a system into operation
Troubleshooting and Minor Repairs:
- Perform onsite troubleshooting, identify the root cause of an issue, perform or recommend corrective actions, or open a service case with the equipment manufacturer
- Coordinate with vendors in support of on-site troubleshooting efforts
- Troubleshoot DAS, SCADA, and Tracker facility network, and electrical problems on live PV power plants
- Perform performance testing on PV systems, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations
- Be familiar with AC and DC sides of 600V and 1000V sides of positive, negative, and ungrounded PV systems
Inspections & Preventative Maintenance:
- Perform periodic maintenance and inspections on PV systems, including the electrical, mechanical, and data acquisition system
- Perform monthly inspections of any issued vehicle or calibrated equipment/tools
What you'll need in order to succeed:
- Medium physical effort (lifting/moving up to 50 pounds)
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body and be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Work at heights greater than 10'.
- Work on ladders of all types.
- Work on scissor and bucket lifts on occasion.
- Medium to extensive travel.
- Working alone most of the time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with team members.
- General understanding of MS Office Suite software or similar programs, especially Word & Excel.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret plan sets and one line diagrams as they pertain to PV solar installations.
- Demonstrate ability to manage tasks, commitments, and deadlines as it pertains to assigned tasks, communications with customers, and internal customers
Certifications & Requirements:
- Industrial & Commercial Electrical Journeyman certification (e.g.: General Journeyman, Master's Electrician, etc.) with extensive experience with both 600V and 1000V PV systems (positive, negative, and ungrounded)
- Fully Trained, certified, and deemed confident in maintenance and minor repair on typical PV System components, including, but not limited to, string inverters, central inverters, array trackers, combiner boxes, and DAS equipment
- Possess a valid California State Driver's License with a clean driving record
- High school graduate or equivalent minimum
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and OSHA regulations, specifically strong working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC) and 70E (Electrical Safety in the Workplace)
- Preferred but not required: 30 Hours of OSHA Training; NABCEP certification; medium voltage and/or substation experience;2 years' college degree or formal trade school.
- Experience with:
- SCADA equipment
- Micro Grid
- Battery Storage
- Additional site generation/ commercial back-up generators >150 Kw
- SEL relays and meters
- Routers and switches
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.